Restrict Admin interface to specific IPs or MAC addresses

The admin interface is exposed to the guest WIFI and LAN connections.  The only protection for the admin interface is a username/password.  I don't think it would be possible to add in multi factor authentication, so the next best thing would be to restrict which devices can access the admin interface by either IP or MAC address.  Most netgear, TPLink, Linksys, etc...  routers have the feature built in already.  This would allow DumaOS owners (I don't have a Netgear XR series router so I don't know if its already available there) to add an extra layer of protection for the heart of their home network.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm sure we could do something like this, is there a usecase you have in mind where you think this would be invaluable? I can see it for remote management (which we don't currently have).

• 1 month later...

I'm confused...  I thought the use case was outlined in the original post?  The desire is to restrict by IP or MAC address what devices can access the management interface.  My kids have friends over who get onto the guest wifi network...  which should never have access to the admin interface of the router that only has username/password for protection.  

6 hours ago, G1LL1G said:

I'm confused...  I thought the use case was outlined in the original post?  The desire is to restrict by IP or MAC address what devices can access the management interface.  My kids have friends over who get onto the guest wifi network...  which should never have access to the admin interface of the router that only has username/password for protection.  

OK, as Fraser mentions this is probably something we can implement. It wouldn't of been added originally as for the typical home environment, password authentication would be enough considering you probably know every device that's on the network and it's owner.