No internet after reboot (R2)

barbar32

After rebooting the R2, the router will not give internet. I’ve tried resetting the modem and factory resetting the router with no success. 

the modem light blinks rapidly and then goes off for and the cycle repeats. I contacted my isp (spectrum) and we confirmed our modem was fine. 

A prompt fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Welcome to the forum!

If you've factory reset the R2, you'll need to go back to the interface and complete the initial setup again to regain internet access.

As you've probably got some cached data on the R2, I'd suggest doing this from an incognito window initially or clear browser cache.

Unfortunately the netduma WiFi isn’t working after the reset to allow me to set it up again. 

Not sure my Of options in setting up the netduma without a network. Am I misunderstanding something here? It appears like the netduma isn’t connecting properly to the modem. 

Are you able to connect to the R2 via ethernet? If so, can you then access the interface?

If you can't access the interface, could you please follow the below steps so we can see if the R2 is giving you an IP address (Windows only):

1. Hit WinKey + R then enter cmd
  2. In the command prompt, enter ipconfig
  3. Send over a screenshot of the output.

If you're not using a Windows device please let me know and I can provide alternate instructions.

I’m currently at work but will try to post results when I arrive home. 

the router was connected via Ethernet to the modem but I’m unable to get a connection or access the interface. I’m concerned the router is damaged. FYI I’ve only had the R2 for around a month. 

• Administrators

What Liam meant was can you connect a device to the router via ethernet to try and access the interface? If not the password conversion method here should get you on WiFi, from there you should be able to do the wizard and get internet again http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

Attached is the ipconfig results. I have tried several times to connect a laptop to the router via ethernet with no success. I have not tried the wifi conversion method, but don't see the likelihood of success there when the netduma router is failing to connect to the modem. The regular spectrum router is working fine, with the exact same cables. 

I will attempt the wifi conversion method tonight/ tomorrow. 

ipconfig results.PNG

• Administrators

The router won't be getting internet as you need to go through the setup wizard so that's independent of you connecting via WiFi. What port is it connected to? One says media unoperational which I have never seen before on anyone's results, that can indicate a driver issue. If it's plugged into the router it would normally give a 169 address to show it's working but can't get an IP address. Does the LED port on the router light up when the PC is wired to it? Let us know if you can connect to the WiFi and then the interface

The router is connected to the modem via the internet port. The LED light flickers on briefly and off for a long time and continues that way until the led light for the modem just stops flickering at all

6 hours ago, barbar32 said:

The router is connected to the modem via the internet port. The LED light flickers on briefly and off for a long time and continues that way until the led light for the modem just stops flickering at all

Right OK, have you converted the password yet? If not you can just send it to me via DM and I'll do it for you if you like.