WiFI dropping

finza11

Hi, 

I had made a post previously months ago about wifi dropping on my R1 but ethernet connection stays up and fine. I have updated to the latest firmware for duma os and saw that wfi got some tweaks in the patch notes. However, i am still experiencing the same issue where the wifi connection on any device just drops and a reboot is needed to regain wireless connectivity.  I can still see the router as being available when searching for wifi networks, but it will then not connect (on apple products it says that it has no internet connection next to the SSID). I also repeatedly get that the routers R-apps are not loaded yet and to wait a minute but that is hit or miss to whether it will load or not. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We're working on a fix for Rapps, that should be largely resolved in the next version. In the Rapp panel options on the System Information page change the retries to 5. For WiFi, connect to the router via ethernet, disable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see whether it is more stable then. 

I had already changed the retries to 5 in regards to the Rapps but looking forward to the next update. I do vaguely remember disabling wifi rebooting and enabling again when i first reported this problem but to no avail, but i will give it a go again as it is on new firmware. Its such a strange bug because wired connection works flawlessly and there doesnt seem to be any pattern in regards to network consumption for the wifi to go down. 

Thanks again. 

• Administrators

May be worth using a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that. Also if you have any wireless/electrical devices within close proximity to the router that can interfere with the signal so try moving it so its as isolated as possible

• 1 month later...

I have done all that when i first got the router back in 2k15, the router has also not moved since then too so i cant see it being related to noise from surrounding devices. I have also got a wifi controller for my LED strip but when trying to connect to the duma wifi it doesnt come up on the list of SSIDs and when entering the details manually on the app it doesnt seem to appear so i need to use my ISP wifi. 

are all these problmes due to me being on the R1 and not the newer R2 ? 

Cheers

its funny you say that cause i got a new sky router in the post today so i had to reset everything up from scratch lol. not had any wifi dropping yet but R-apps still hang and with regards to the wifi controller for my LEDs i still cant get it to connect to duma wifi and need to use the sky wifi 😡

• Administrators

Whats the specific firmware version you're on currently? By hang do you mean Rapp not loaded? Try this for the WiFi, disable on the interface, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes, then enable the wifi, apply, reboot from interface, wait 2 minutes then try to connect it.

I am on 3.0.207. Yeah the rapp doesnt load but sometimes it load after a couple of refreshes and others it can be a pain to get anything to load on the control pannel. Ill give that a go thank you. Also i was playing about with the new sky router and i seem to be getting significantly better wireless speeds compared to the netduma. Would this be down to the R1 not being dual band. 

Thanks agian. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i done what you said above for trying to fix the wifi but i still get booted off. It occurred last night at 1:30am where i was the only one awake and using my firestick so it can’t be a traffic or congestion issue and again this morning. Is there anything else that can be done because i love using the netduma but its became so unreliable with the wfi and becoming a pain to constantly having to boot my pc up to reset the router via the GUI as using the physical reset button takes me back to the initial setup.

2 hours ago, finza11 said:

Yeah, i done what you said above for trying to fix the wifi but i still get booted off. It occurred last night at 1:30am where i was the only one awake and using my firestick so it can’t be a traffic or congestion issue and again this morning. Is there anything else that can be done because i love using the netduma but its became so unreliable with the wfi and becoming a pain to constantly having to boot my pc up to reset the router via the GUI as using the physical reset button takes me back to the initial setup.

The Rapps not loading is likely the cause of the drops. We believe we've fixed this now, we just need to port this over to the R1 for it's next firmware.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, apexmaster said:

same problem is mine,

am i downgrade orginal frimware or wait new dumaos frimware?

I'd recommend making a new topic so we can focus on you and your issues. Which version are you on currently, have you tried the previous recommendations?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, apexmaster said:

now 3.0.207

orginal frimware is not issue but when upgrade this frimware allways had a issue 

Did you factory reset after upgrading the firmware as that is recommended to clear out any issues caused by any remnants of the previous version

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2022 at 5:34 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you factory reset after upgrading the firmware as that is recommended to clear out any issues caused by any remnants of the previous version

yes i did it but not helped me

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, apexmaster said:

yes i did it but not helped me

Try this as this can make it more stable:

On 7/31/2021 at 10:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Connect to the router via ethernet, disable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see whether it is more stable then. 

this and other advice I haven't tried on the forum. None of them work, after a while the wifi stops. I'm back to the original fw too!
I wonder is there much difference between the original version vs dumos?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, apexmaster said:

this and other advice I haven't tried on the forum. None of them work, after a while the wifi stops. I'm back to the original fw too!
I wonder is there much difference between the original version vs dumos?

I would suggest making a new topic so we can focus on your issues but yes they are very different