Jump to content

Regular Disconnections via wifi and even sometimes hardwired


Recommended Posts

Hello,

So about a year ago, I purchased a netduma R2 router to replace my nighthawk.  I loved the idea of geo filter and everything that came with the router and software.  However, the experience ive had has been less than ideal.  I find that my wifi goes out randomly probably 3-5 times a week and even hardwired devices as well.  It requires me to restart the router.  In some cases my router has a hard time reconnecting to the internet and even requires me to factory reset.  Im not sure if its my specific hardware, or if its settings that need to be adjusted but its not ideal for work or gaming. Been kinda dealing with this off an on and just thought it was due to ongoing firmware updates but my friend said hes not having these same issues.  I have most settings as default, mainly because when resetting to factory settings, its easier to not go update every setting i think should be.

side note: when doing a speed test with in the netduma software I constantly get half the speeds i get on other speed testing websites as well as direct connected my modem. I get a D at 200mb when i should be upwards towards 450. 

 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem/router the R2 is connected to? The speeds on Benchmark are still being improved, if you're getting higher figures on the other sites then go with those for the moment

The R2 is connected to a Netgear CM700 1 GB modem 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Okay so a pure modem, do you know whether you have a dynamic or static public IP?

In DHCP settings on the router set the lease hours to 168, apply and see whether that reduces the amount of disconnections please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so a pure modem, do you know whether you have a dynamic or static public IP?

In DHCP settings on the router set the lease hours to 168, apply and see whether that reduces the amount of disconnections please

I updated to 168 in DHCP and as far as dynamic or static i believe its dynamic.  Its whatever default/factory settings are. I have not set up a static IP 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
51 minutes ago, Xpoze said:

I updated to 168 in DHCP and as far as dynamic or static i believe its dynamic.  Its whatever default/factory settings are. I have not set up a static IP 

Let us know how you get on after that option change - in regards to the dynamic/static IP that's purely on the ISP side that I'm referring to - they usually charge for a static public IP so it is likely dynamic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know how you get on after that option change - in regards to the dynamic/static IP that's purely on the ISP side that I'm referring to - they usually charge for a static public IP so it is likely dynamic

Yeah, i dont pay for anything static.  Will do thanks man. Ill keep you posted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know how you get on after that option change - in regards to the dynamic/static IP that's purely on the ISP side that I'm referring to - they usually charge for a static public IP so it is likely dynamic

Still running into issues. Today the internet went out twice via the router but the modem was still sound. I’ve been at this for an hour trying to reconnect and no luck. WAN IP disconnected. I go through this pretty regularly. I’ve reboot both manually and from the interface numerous times and have had no luck connecting again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Xpoze said:

Still running into issues. Today the internet went out twice via the router but the modem was still sound. I’ve been at this for an hour trying to reconnect and no luck. WAN IP disconnected. I go through this pretty regularly. I’ve reboot both manually and from the interface numerous times and have had no luck connecting again.

Sorry to hear this!

Are you able to access the interface when the disconnection occurs?

If so, could you Download a log file the next time is disconnects, but before you restart the router?

You can do this by going to System Information, then click the three-line menu in 'Logs'. If you could then send these over to us that would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...