Traction and Fix on WAN Disconnect Issue?

GenMatrix

Wanted to know if there's been any traction on the issue with WAN disconnecting and router not loading UI when this occurs (Happens every 2-4 days). Kind of want to use my $179 dollar router as more than just a paperweight but it's super frustrating when it just stops responding constantly. Only fix is to go upstairs and power cycle the router.

I've already done tons of troubling shoot steps in other posts so I'm not looking to go through that again unless there's a new firmware to test.

9 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

Wanted to know if there's been any traction on the issue with WAN disconnecting and router not loading UI when this occurs (Happens every 2-4 days). Kind of want to use my $179 dollar router as more than just a paperweight but it's super frustrating when it just stops responding constantly. Only fix is to go upstairs and power cycle the router.

I've already done tons of troubling shoot steps in other posts so I'm not looking to go through that again unless there's a new firmware to test.

Thanks for following up, sorry to hear this issue has been so intrusive for you.

We are still working on this every day and we're making progress, there isn't a new firmware to test yet though I'm afraid.

Are the devices you use for gaming connected to the R2 via wired? If so, you could try using the upstream modem/router for Wi-Fi in the mean time? Then you could disable the Wi-Fi on the R2 and see if the disconnections stop? I understand you're tired of troubleshooting at this point, just wondering if maybe we could make the issue a little less intrusive for you.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for following up, sorry to hear this issue has been so intrusive for you.

We are still working on this every day and we're making progress, there isn't a new firmware to test yet though I'm afraid.

Are the devices you use for gaming connected to the R2 via wired? If so, you could try using the upstream modem/router for Wi-Fi in the mean time? Then you could disable the Wi-Fi on the R2 and see if the disconnections stop? I understand you're tired of troubleshooting at this point, just wondering if maybe we could make the issue a little less intrusive for you.

Hey Liam,

The disconnect happens on ethernet ports since I don't use the WiFi on the router (but I'm sure it would be broken over WiFi as well), that's been disabled since day 1. The only thing I can access when WAN port implodes are things locally, for example my NAS Server GUI or my Pi-Hole Web GUI. Router Web GUI stops working as does anything that needs the WAN Port.

Previously my set up was R2 > 10 Port Switch > Orbi (For WiFi) to keep it simple. I have about 50+ devices overall (lots of smart home things).

53 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

Hey Liam,

The disconnect happens on ethernet ports since I don't use the WiFi on the router (but I'm sure it would be broken over WiFi as well), that's been disabled since day 1. The only thing I can access when WAN port implodes are things locally, for example my NAS Server GUI or my Pi-Hole Web GUI. Router Web GUI stops working as does anything that needs the WAN Port.

Previously my set up was R2 > 10 Port Switch > Orbi (For WiFi) to keep it simple. I have about 50+ devices overall (lots of smart home things).

OK, just out of interest, do you leave the GUI open for long periods of time? If so, do you notice any errors about Rapps not loading?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, just out of interest, do you leave the GUI open for long periods of time? If so, do you notice any errors about Rapps not loading?

Sometimes I'll leave it on a tab but not often.  It doesn't error or anything usually I just have to log back in.

I just got a brand new R2 (latest firmware) haven’t had time to play a game on it. I set it up last night and it’s locked up twice today. Internet connection drops and the Web GUI becomes unresponsive and slowly starts to fall apart. The only way to fix this is to restart the router by pulling the power.

I came from a $90 TP-Link AC-1900 which has never locked up.

9 hours ago, Brian L said:

I just got a brand new R2 (latest firmware) haven’t had time to play a game on it. I set it up last night and it’s locked up twice today. Internet connection drops and the Web GUI becomes unresponsive and slowly starts to fall apart. The only way to fix this is to restart the router by pulling the power.

I came from a $90 TP-Link AC-1900 which has never locked up.

Sorry to hear this! I see you've started your own topic for this issue so I'll respond to you over there.