Can’t force local server after using VPN

Jp93

Good evening,

I’m on Xbox X. I use the purevpn so I’ve tried all sorts of things and majority of the time it says “unable to connect to data center” on warzone. I’m in eastern US, I usually set the filter to a local server and set my VPN to random places like Egypt or New Zealand. In the event I am able to search(usually have to turn geofilter off) I get insanely high ping lobbies(albeit lower skilled lobbies). Is there any way to reduce the ping and still find matches? It’s unplayable ping, like I actually can’t do anything, but the lobbies are easier when I check post match. The features on the router are cool and I’m a basic guy so I’ve been learning all the terms and testing out the features and love it so far, just wish I could get this worked out. I just learned the whole VPN thing itself. 

thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately if you're connecting to very distant VPN servers, there's no way of lowering the ping, it's just due to the distance information has travel.

If you disable the VPN or change the VPN server you're using to a more local one, you'll find that the ping is considerably better.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately if you're connecting to very distant VPN servers, there's no way of lowering the ping, it's just due to the distance information has travel.

If you disable the VPN or change the VPN server you're using to a more local one, you'll find that the ping is considerably better.

So even if I strict geofilter to only local servers and VPN’d to somewhere else it wouldn’t matter? I even tried VPN to Miami and geofiltering the server there and georgia and the ping was still in the 100s(I live in the southeast US already). I had a strict filter or ping assist really low I would just never find a game, even if I wasn’t on VPN. And when I would try to VPN to Miami it would still show as LA or Texas in the cod menu as my IP

1 minute ago, Jp93 said:

So even if I strict geofilter to only local servers and VPN’d to somewhere else it wouldn’t matter? I even tried VPN to Miami and geofiltering the server there and georgia and the ping was still in the 100s(I live in the southeast US already). I had a strict filter or ping assist really low I would just never find a game, even if I wasn’t on VPN. And when I would try to VPN to Miami it would still show as LA or Texas in the cod menu as my IP

If you set your Geo-filter radius to be over your actual location and disable your VPN, then search for a game, what ping are you getting in-game?

19 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you set your Geo-filter radius to be over your actual location and disable your VPN, then search for a game, what ping are you getting in-game?

50-60ms in-game

There are lower ones available 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, and if you check ping heatmap for Warzone, are there any servers showing lower than 50-60ms or is that about the lowest?