Problem Qos does not work on xr500 (unstable upload)

Hello,
i had a problem with my xr500. I tried to fix it by formatting multiple times and installing new and old software but I haven't solved it. At this moment in the xr500 I have installed the DumaOS 3.0 version V2.3.2.108. The Qos does not work for the upload, in fact, any percentage I put always gets full bandwidth (I put 10 mb on the pc by removing the check from the upload quota in excess but I get 290mb). Xr500 is connected to the operator ONT via pppoe and VLAN / Bridge Settings (By VLAN Tag Group).
Connection Ftth 1gb download and 300 mb upload.
Thank you

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Have you tried the very latest version .120? I suspect that's due to PPPoE/VLAN, should be reduced in that latest version though, make sure you factory reset after you've upgraded.

It's an old bug that has never been resolved.

When you use VLAN tagging on your WAN connection QoS does not work.

Thew only way around this is connecting a managed switch between your XR500 and your fiber ONT. For example a Netgear GS305E, they are really cheap. You then create a port based VLAN, with the same VLAN number as your ISP uses.

Port 1 to ONT set to Tagged (this keeps the tag to outgoing traffic from the switch)

Port 2 to XR500 set to Untagged (this strips the VLAN tag off the outgoing traffic)

Port 2 PVID set to the VLAN number of your group (this tags the traffic going into your switch.

All other ports set to excluded in the VLAN group.

If you have a bigger switch after your XR500 in your LAN you can also use 2 ports of that for the same operation as long as it is a managed switch. You need to create the physical connections though so that's why I would simply use a small GS305E. It also insures the switch has no other workloads that interfere with your WAN connection.

I would not worry so much about it with 300mb upload unless you are a heavy upload user. Normally for home networks, your upstream traffic does not come anywhere near 300mbit.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ehi, benvenuto nel forum!

Mi dispiace sapere che stai riscontrando questo problema. Hai provato l'ultima versione .120? Sospetto che sia dovuto a PPPoE/VLAN, dovrebbe essere ridotto nell'ultima versione, assicurati di ripristinare le impostazioni di fabbrica dopo l'aggiornamento.

thanks for the answer I tried with the new version but it doesn't change. I lose my wifi connection with the new version

34 minutes ago, Bert said:

È un vecchio bug che non è mai stato risolto.

Quando utilizzi il tagging VLAN sulla tua connessione WAN, la QoS non funziona.

L'unico modo per aggirare questo problema è collegare uno switch gestito tra il tuo XR500 e la tua fibra ONT. Ad esempio un Netgear GS305E, sono davvero economici. Quindi crei una VLAN basata su porta, con lo stesso numero VLAN utilizzato dal tuo ISP.

Port 1 to ONT impostato su Tagged (questo mantiene il tag sul traffico in uscita dallo switch)

Da porta 2 a XR500 impostata su Untagged (questo rimuove il tag VLAN dal traffico in uscita)

Port 2 PVID impostato sul numero VLAN del tuo gruppo (questo tagga il traffico che entra nel tuo switch.

Tutte le altre porte impostate su escluse nel gruppo VLAN.

Se hai uno switch più grande dopo il tuo XR500 nella tua LAN, puoi anche usare 2 porte di quello per la stessa operazione purché sia uno switch gestito. È necessario creare le connessioni fisiche, quindi è per questo che userei semplicemente un piccolo GS305E. Assicura inoltre che lo switch non abbia altri carichi di lavoro che interferiscono con la connessione WAN.

Non mi preoccuperei così tanto con un caricamento di 300 MB a meno che tu non sia un utente di caricamento pesante. Normalmente per le reti domestiche, il tuo traffico upstream non si avvicina a 300mbit.

Problem is, I have a lack of aim assist on Cod Warzone and I think that's due to that. I have a friztbox 7530 that I can connect to the ONT (deactivating the router part if possible) and then cascade the xr500 via dmz

On 30/6/2021 at 14:23, Netduma Fraser said:

Sì, puoi provare quanto sopra, rimuovendo così PPPoE/VLAN sull'XR e dovrebbe funzionare meglio

hi, i ran into another problem with the media server. i can't play files with vlc over wifi. Is there any solution?

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Viperscape said:

hi, i ran into another problem with the media server. i can't play files with vlc over wifi. Is there any solution?

Is the media server local or is it over the internet?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Come è connesso il server multimediale, è via ethernet o wifi? Se il wifi è a 2,4 o 5 GHz e qual è il dispositivo con cui stai cercando di connetterti utilizzando 2,4 o 5 GHz?

the device is connected via wifi 2.4ghz

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How is the media server connected, is it via ethernet or wifi? If wifi is it 2.4 or 5GHz and what is the device you're trying to connect to it with using 2.4 or 5GHz?

the server is an external hdd connected via usb

Your device is not recognized, at least not by readyshare. Otherwise it would show in the bottom of the screen under available network folders.

It's a bit picky when it comes to file systems, if you use EXT for example it will often not work.