OPEN NAT - SH3

Exe_uz

Hi guys

Can you please advise regarding open NAT when playing on COD - CW when turning off SH3 firewall, please see below.

SH3 with Firewall ON - shows as OPEN NAT, when Firewall OFF the NAT turns to MODERATE?
Do i need to put the R2 on the same subnet as the SH3 (192.168.0.XX) as atm all devices connect to 192.168.77.XX 
The R2 is already in the SH3 DMZ
I’ve also tried the PS5 in the DMZ on the R2 but still shows as moderate.
The SH3 in Modem mode works correct and shows NAT as open.

I just want to use the R2s firewall as @Netduma Fraser mentioned it could have a negative impact on gaming having both firewalls active

Thanks, Howard

23 minutes ago, Exe_uz said:

Hi guys

Can you please advise regarding open NAT when playing on COD - CW when turning off SH3 firewall, please see below.

SH3 with Firewall ON - shows as OPEN NAT, when Firewall OFF the NAT turns to MODERATE?
Do i need to put the R2 on the same subnet as the SH3 (192.168.0.XX) as atm all devices connect to 192.168.77.XX 
The R2 is already in the SH3 DMZ
I’ve also tried the PS5 in the DMZ on the R2 but still shows as moderate.
The SH3 in Modem mode works correct and shows NAT as open.

I just want to use the R2s firewall as @Netduma Fraser mentioned it could have a negative impact on gaming having both firewalls active

Thanks, Howard

Have you also reserved an IP for the R2 as it may have changed?

You can leave the firewall enabled on the SH3 if the R2 is already in the DMZ, this shouldn't make any difference.

Alternatively, you can just have the SH3 in modem mode as long as the modem mode feels fairly stable and reliable (sometimes they're not).

Yes, the R2 has a reserved IP on the SH3. It was what @Netduma Fraser mentioned about it having a negative impact having the 2 firewalls running that caught my attention, but if it doesn't make a difference if the R2 is in the DMZ then that's cool.

Thanks for the help and quick response 👍

5 minutes ago, Exe_uz said:

Yes, the R2 has a reserved IP on the SH3. It was what @Netduma Fraser mentioned about it having a negative impact having the 2 firewalls running that caught my attention, but if it doesn't make a difference if the R2 is in the DMZ then that's cool.

Thanks for the help and quick response 👍

Yeah as it's DMZ'd the SH3 firewall won't matter, no problem!