XR500 Bricked

Hi guys recently I bought an xr500  but last night I lost power and router got bricked I have tried all the methods from forums not working problem is factory reset button not working no leds blink when I hold it even 30-30 method didn’t work for reset when I connect my ether from pc to xr500 directly it’s not even detecting that please help me out

Hi and welcome.

Are there any lights on at all?

please dont use the 30.30.30 as that was for the very old style routers and can cause more issues.

If you hold the reset button at the rear for 30 seconds that should reset the router. If however that’s not working and you have an orange light the TFTP method is the only way to go.

if you have no lights and the router is showing no signs of life the first step is to check the power supply but it could be that a spike has damaged the router but hopefully not.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Good advice above, if needed here is the TFTP guide to follow to re-install the firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP