XR1000 is having higher ping than my spectrum router

I was getting between 22-27 on spectrum router for league of legends on lan. Only reason we got a new router was the wifi would consistently drop out. So we bought the netgear nighthawk xr1000 and our ping is now 37-42. I plugged back in the old router and we still get 22-27. I called netgear 6 times and 4 of those I got hung up on before I could talk to anyone. The two times I got to talk to someone the first said to restart it and if that doesn't work call back then disconnected and the second said connect to google dns which I told him I already tried Google and Cloudflare. He said to wait 4 hours and if that doesn't fix it to call back. Any ideas on how to get my ping back to normal?

Hi and welcome.

I saw your thread on Reddit and directed you here for help.

just to help @Netduma Fraserand @Netduma Liam could you post how your XR1000 is connected up, any QoS settings and geofilter settings. The more info the better 👍

Hopefully they will soon pop in and sort out what’s going on for you.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR? Where are you checking the ping, on the game? Are you using QoS at all? Are you playing over WiFi or ethernet? If WiFi are you using 2.4/5GHz?

XR1000 is the model. I am checking the ping in game with the CTRL+F feature. It tells FPS and Ping. All devices are connected to the router. I've tried QOS, Geolocation, opening up ports, etc. I have 400 down and 20 up. Everything is ethernet but phones and nintendo switch. 

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, disable DumaOS Classified Games or the manual rule you've made, they're both doing the same thing so only one is needed. Also reset distribution on Bandwidth Allocation, gaming uses barely anything so doesn't need that much. Also what are your Congestion Control settings?

It could be partially that it's a new router and you were using a Spectrum router with a Spectrum modem so could take a few days to settle. To check you can take the MAC address of the old router, enter that as the XR MAC in Internet Setup, apply, reboot from the interface and see if the ping is lower again.

• Administrators
On 6/21/2021 at 12:01 AM, XFX said:

image.thumb.png.33a8183f0ee51af26bc91919ddd23748.png

We have had the modem for nearly 2 weeks. The mac address worked it is back to normal! You are a legend my friend. 

Brilliant to hear that, thanks for the update! I'll close the topic as it is resolved, if you have any more questions/issues feel free to start a new topic and we'll be happy to help!