xr300 and xfinity xb7. Nat type ?

EDIT: this is for pc and not console if that matters.

So i have gig internet from xfinity. which uses the xb7 modem.

i just purchased the xr300 and i got it all set up, i have internet through the xr300 but my nat type is moderate, but when i connect through the xb7 its open..

i went through and forwarded the ports on the xr300 ( multiple tries ) and it is still reading nat type moderate...

this is happening on COD, warzone, modern warfare, and cold war

any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Are all devices connected to the XR300 or are some still connected to the XB7?

If you go the XR300 interface and go to Settings -> Advanced -> WAN setup and change NAT filtering to Open, is your NAT open in game?

Thank you, 

at the moment i do not have any devices connected except for my pc, and it is connected via ethernet not wifi. all other devices are still through xb7 for the time being.

i went to settings, wan setup, switched the nat filter from secured to open, and it is still moderated in game.

Yes, i got the xr Wan ip from system info, internet status, Wan IP, and put in under dmz on my xb.

dmz on the xb reads  dmz status: enabled ip address: "the ip that shows up under wan ip in system info"

i do not have anything added into geo filter, i assume that means its disabled? as i do not see any other way to enable/disable other than adding/removing a device.

• Administrators

Yes that means its disabled, when added you can switch to spectating mode to disable it. Go to the Xbox Networking settings on Windows, do the test - it will most likely fail, then fix it, do another test, does it show open? If so then boot up the game, is it open then?

i ran the first test, it says 

nat type : open

server connectivity: blocked, this could block you from playing multiplayer games.

hit fix it: and still reads as above.

and still shows in game nat type moderate, even after restarting pc.

screenshot.jpg