Fritzbox 7530 and R2

Forbsey04

Hi people,

My Zen gigabit internet was installed yesterday and I'm looking to hook my R2 up to the Fritzbox 7530 they gave me. All my wired connections will be plugged into the R2.

So I thought I'd ask you kind people for a step by step guide on how to set this up properly, in leymans terms so a child could do it, if possible.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you know if your ISP requires any PPPoE configuration of VLAN identifiers?

If not, you can just follow the setup guide included in the box to get up and running properly!

In case you don't have it, you can find it here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000117382-netduma-r2-user-manual-guide-

Thanks Liam

I'm afraid I have no idea regarding the VLAN identifiers.

I had my R2 connected to my Virgin media Superhub in router mode before I moved to Zen.

I was looking to do something similar with the router Zen have provided me, if possible. I know there isn't a DMZ on the Fritzbox and have read somewhere about using an 'Exposed host"

1 minute ago, Forbsey04 said:

Thanks Liam

I'm afraid I have no idea regarding the VLAN identifiers.

I had my R2 connected to my Virgin media Superhub in router mode before I moved to Zen.

I was looking to do something similar with the router Zen have provided me, if possible. I know there isn't a DMZ on the Fritzbox and have read somewhere about using an 'Exposed host"

No problem, you likely would've been informed of these requirements should they be necessary.

I don't know whether the Fritzbox has a bridge/modem mode, but similarly with the DMZ you may not need these. These are configuration changes that you can make should you run into any issues with your NAT type in-game.

The R2 should be connected to the other router (I assume you mean the Fritz) by it's blue WAN port. Your devices can then connect to the R2 either via the yellow LAN ports or via Wi-Fi. If they're connected by one of these two mediums, you'll be able to access the DumaOS interface.

Thanks for your reply Liam, I have been away so forgive my lateness.

So I decided to just get rid of the fritzbox and plug the netduma straight into the Openreach ONT modem on the wall using the internet port. The power, internet and both WiFi lights are alight on the netduma but I am unable to connect to the internet via WiFi or Ethernet.

I’ve tried a factory reset and shutting the power off on the netduma for a few minutes but still not having any luck.

Any ideas?

• Administrators

It's possible you need to enter PPPoE details into the R2. If you're not sure whether you need these or not check the fritz internet settings and if so copy them across to the R2, then see if you get a connection.

Hi Fraser,

I spoke to my provider and I do need to enter those details into the R2. The issue is, I am unable to access the internet to open the R2 setting page, even with an Ethernet cable, to input these details. 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Forbsey04 said:

Hi Fraser,

I spoke to my provider and I do need to enter those details into the R2. The issue is, I am unable to access the internet to open the R2 setting page, even with an Ethernet cable, to input these details. 

You shouldn't need internet to enter the interface, unplug the R2 from the ONT, can you access it using 192.168.77.1 then?

Sorry to have you running around for me. I sussed it, no idea how but I turned everything off and unplugged everything and started from scratch. I'm good now, thanks for your help guys

• Administrators

No worries at all, great to hear you got it working and thanks for the update. I'll close this topic now as your issue has been resolved, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help.