You should be able to do so by:

1. Sign into the My Telstra app
  2. Select ‘NBN’
  3. Select ’Extras’
  4. Select ‘Game Optimiser’
  5. Toggle ‘Remove Game Optimiser’

Is the option not available there?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay in that case you will need to contact Telstra directly and they should be able to disable it for your account https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us

Excuse how vague/dismissive I may seem man but I shouldn't have to do that. I've always been able to 'pause' it in the router settings. I did it as recently as 1 week ago by doing the following (quoted from Telstras FAQ for the optimiser): "You can temporarily suspend DumaOS on your Smart Modem, by going to the menu under Advanced and to Pause DumaOS. All DumaOS will functions will be suspended from operation on the device for 24 hours, unless otherwised resumed. This can be used to rule out DumaOS or its configuration as a cause for performance issues or faults when troubleshooting. This does not cancel your subscription."

Why is the option is no longer there? Removing dumaOS is not what I want to do. I could ask a tonne of specific questions/raise a bunch of issues that I have with the optimiser and it's settings but for now I just wanna know what happened with this simple little issue lol.. Since day 1 I've been tediously testing the optimisers settings in a bid to get the best results/connection possible, to figure out what gets improved or what is made worse, etc etc.. Being able to pause dumaOS (essentially temporarily turning it off) is essential for this. 

Sorry if I come off a bit rude man, aussie Internet perpetually leaves me annoyed lol

• Administrators

No worries at all, I will have to ask the team about why this has happened and we should be able to get back to you on Monday with an answer. Meanwhile if there are problems you're having that you'd like some input on we're happy to help!

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries at all, I will have to ask the team about why this has happened and we should be able to get back to you on Monday with an answer. Meanwhile if there are problems you're having that you'd like some input on we're happy to help!

Any chance there's some other way to pause it right now man? Thanks for the reply btw mate. 

@Inspectah - This is very unusual!

Can you take a print screen whilst you have the |...| Advanced menu open?  with it missing

image.png

Also could you please advise your modem's serial number? we'd like to check it out.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, mannrs said:

Can you take a print screen whilst you have the |...| Advanced menu open?  with it missing

image.png

Also could you please advise your modem's serial number? we'd like to check it out.

Not sure why the screenshot is necessary.. it's literally what I described lol (the same as the picture you posted except that 'pause dumaOS' is missing and 'rapp performance' is also there).. here it is ranyway: 

Sorry if I sound sour boys. Australian internet really wears away your patience.

no pause button.png

Since I'm here right now anyway I figured I'd ask some other stuff I had for you guys if that's all good haha.. 

How come we're not able to turn off any rapp processes in dumaOS? 

How come we can't disable individual parts of QoS without disabling it all? E.G: disable bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritisation but keep congestion control running.

Why does it show the same amount of packets for my Playstation traffic prioritisation service? Why would download be the same as upload? Am I ignorant as hell or is that dodgy haha? Picture attached at bottom lol

Thanks for any replies in advance guys, cheers

dumaosscreenshot.png

P.S: I've been experimenting with traffic prioritisation on and off, it was currently off when i took that screenshot, should it even be showing any amount of packets lol..? 
P.P.S: just went in and out of QoS page to refresh it and now it says 0 and 0 packets lol

Again, my bad if i look like a spanner

On 6/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, mannrs said:

image.png

Sorry man I didn't realise you asked for the serial number, it's: 

CP1947RAD24

Rest of info just incase: 

Product Vendor
Technicolor

Product Name
Technicolor DJA0231

Software Version
18.1.c

Firmware Version
18.1.c.0543-950-RA

Hardware Version
VCNT-A

DSL Version
A2pvfbH043q.d26u

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Inspectah said:

Since I'm here right now anyway I figured I'd ask some other stuff I had for you guys if that's all good haha.. 

How come we're not able to turn off any rapp processes in dumaOS? 

How come we can't disable individual parts of QoS without disabling it all? E.G: disable bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritisation but keep congestion control running.

Why does it show the same amount of packets for my Playstation traffic prioritisation service? Why would download be the same as upload? Am I ignorant as hell or is that dodgy haha? Picture attached at bottom lol

Thanks for any replies in advance guys, cheers

dumaosscreenshot.png

P.S: I've been experimenting with traffic prioritisation on and off, it was currently off when i took that screenshot, should it even be showing any amount of packets lol..? 
P.P.S: just went in and out of QoS page to refresh it and now it says 0 and 0 packets lol

Again, my bad if i look like a spanner

I have let @mannrs know you've provided the information he has requested, meanwhile I will answer your other questions:

1. "How come we're not able to turn off any rapp processes in dumaOS?"
    This is the same across all the platforms that DumaOS is on, at the moment we would prefer people to simply not use a feature if they don't want to.
  2. "How come we can't disable individual parts of QoS without disabling it all?"
    By default Bandwidth Allocation is essentially 'disabled' as whatever device needs bandwidth will take it from devices not using it. So without altering the feature you're just letting the router/devices decide what gets bandwidth. You can disable Traffic Prioritization and Congestion Control respectively. 
  3. "Why does it show the same amount of packets for my Playstation traffic prioritisation service? Why would download be the same as upload?"
    This is actually normal and optimal from our reports from players. You are downloading all the information from the game, what is happening, the positions of players etc and like wise you're uploading all your actions to the game. You'd expect slightly more download perhaps and that is reflected in your values as well.
  4. "should it even be showing any amount of packets"
    Yes it should as it's reporting the amount of packets that have been prioritized. Even when off it will show this and so is perfectly normal.

Hi @Inspectah, your device is actually stubbornly running a version behind so we'd like to force upgrade it - you'll be way happier with the interface and performance on the latest version.  It might take two reboots to do, so I didnt want to action it without confirming with you.  Got a preferred time(ish) for us to do that?

Hi @Inspectah, I checked on your device again today and looks like it actually upgraded on its own accord.

Its now on a version 18.1.c.0585 which is much better than what you were on previously and can see its letting you Pause again.  Over the next week or two it will make one more upgrade step overnight to our latest version thats being pushed out, 20.3.c.0329 - which you should notice a further improvement with the interface and traffic detection.