Help with congestion control

Recently bought a xr500 I need some help with QOS I get 1000 down an 50 up. Can you reccomended what I should put it as I play call of duty an keep getting lag spikes whilst playing 😢

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

With your speeds you're unlikely to be getting local congestion. Where are you detecting the lag spikes, using the Geo-Filter or in game ping? Do you play over WiFi or ethernet?

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to?

In game like it’ll be low an just shoot up then come back down, an hit detection feels off I play over Ethernet but there is quite a few devices connected to the router an it’s the xr500 I had it on 70% 70% lowered it to 50% 50% felt a lil better also I don’t have DumaOS 3.0 on the router 

9 hours ago, Jordon said:

In game like it’ll be low an just shoot up then come back down, an hit detection feels off I play over Ethernet but there is quite a few devices connected to the router an it’s the xr500 I had it on 70% 70% lowered it to 50% 50% felt a lil better also I don’t have DumaOS 3.0 on the router 

Try using this site to test for buffer bloat Bufferbloat Test by Waveform 

Start out at 100% for upload and download and adjust the slider by 3% - 5% and test for bufferbloat. 

• Administrators

Does the Geo-Filter ping act in the same way when you see this on the in game monitor? 

I mean, what is the modem/router the XR500 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

I’m not too sure but say I was on 50ms on game which is good it would spike to like 80-90ms then come back down oh sorry it’s connected to the router off provider I had to put it in to modem mode an yes all devices are connected to the XR

• Administrators

Was that 30-40ms spike seen on the Geo-Filter ping panel as well? Some router modem modes are a bit finicky in my opinion, disable that and take the WAN IP from the System Information page on the XR and put that into the DMZ section on your ISP router and see if that is any better