NetDuma R2 crashing every time I try to load Geo Filter.

Drainer

Hi,

New user and new router here. I've gone through the setup without issue, everything worked as it should. However, I am not able to load the Geo Filter app, and in fact attempting to do so will crash Duma OS (at least within my Chrome window), make my router disconnect all devices, and then restart.

I've seen elsewhere on the forum to try changing the Rapp restart attempt number to 5, and the DHCP lease time to 168, which I have done, but to no avail. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

So, I just get a loading symbol going on for ages, until eventually it presents me with this (I've had to type it out as I can't upload screenshots for some reason):

Unable to load:

http://192.168.77.1/apps/com.netdumasoftware.geofilter/desktop/devices.js?v=3.0.205&lang=English&them=default&themeVersion=1.0

But this message isn't displayed until the router has already rebooted itself and I'm disconnected from it, so I think this is just whatever part of the DumaOS page that gets cached by Chrome throwing that up, not the router itself.

I'm connected by Wi-Fi through Chrome on desktop, however the initial setup was done wired, again through Chrome desktop.

I've looked at the log and if I'm not wrong I think it contains the point where the router is crashing? I can paste it here if need be.

To add, Ping Heatmap is presenting the exact same issue as well. Everything else works fine however, just seems as if it's the two specifically game-related rapps that don't like loading.

10 hours ago, Drainer said:

I've looked at the log and if I'm not wrong I think it contains the point where the router is crashing? I can paste it here if need be.

To add, Ping Heatmap is presenting the exact same issue as well. Everything else works fine however, just seems as if it's the two specifically game-related rapps that don't like loading.

OK yeah if you could attach the log we can take a look and let you know if that's the case.

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK yeah if you could attach the log we can take a look and let you know if that's the case.

Please see the attached log from yesterday evening/early this morning(in Word, let me know if you need it in another format).

Log.docx

• Administrators

I can't see anything relating to a crash specifically. Try this please, unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug it in, then wait 2 minutes before you manually connect any devices or access the interface. Then try loading each page on the interface once and see if they work please

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see anything relating to a crash specifically. Try this please, unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug it in, then wait 2 minutes before you manually connect any devices or access the interface. Then try loading each page on the interface once and see if they work please

Still no dice unfortunately. Have followed the instructions but still presenting the issue, I’ve tried in both Chrome and Edge, with and without Incognito on. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware or is it one way? Mine is on the latest, so I was thinking I might try the previous one, unless you guys have any other troubleshooting steps to try.

• Administrators

Yes you can downgrade it, I'd suggest first trying to re-upgrade to the same version just in case there was some sort of corruption when it was flashed by us and then if that doesn't work you can try downgrading. After the upgrade/downgrade I would recommend factory resetting from the interface, if there was corruption then that should erase any elements of it

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you can downgrade it, I'd suggest first trying to re-upgrade to the same version just in case there was some sort of corruption when it was flashed by us and then if that doesn't work you can try downgrading. After the upgrade/downgrade I would recommend factory resetting from the interface, if there was corruption then that should erase any elements of it

Reloading the firmware with the same version worked; we're in! 😄 Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.