Netduma R2 3.0.205 - dashboard can't load, slow performance, QOS turning off

kray99

Bought Netduma R2 after excellent reviews. 

I am on Virgin Media, 350 download, 35 upload speeds. 

To be honest, I am disappointed with the reliability of your OS and apps. QOS seems to continually switch itself off, so as a game enhancing router - it has zero functionality. 

Another issue - when I want to check QOS or any of the settings, via my desktop connecting to http://192.168.77.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.desktop 

I often get this message: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp. 

I cannot do anything with any of the settings - QOS is not working, only option I have is to reboot the router. 

Yes, after reboot, it works, I can enable QOS - but 12 hours later - the same issue appears. 

I am on the latest firmware, have good and reliable broadband connection - but to be honest, 90% of the OS features don't work or hang. 

Can I get a refund or replacement - I am simply tired of reboots, router stability and QOS not working? I have no idea what other Rapps are simply NOT working, if QOS simply switches itself off daily. 

Welcome to the forum @kray99!

Sorry to hear you've been having these issues, there's a few things we can try to see if we can recover functionality of your R2.

Could you please firstly go to System Information -> Installed Rapps -> Click the three-line menu and set the number of retries to 5.

Then, go to Network settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the Lease time to 168 hours and Apply settings.

After this, please reboot the router from the interface and see if the same issue are still present.

49 minutes ago, kray99 said:

Thanks for your response. 

Both completed. 

How do I troubleshoot QOS and why is it going from Auto-Enabled to OFF?

Thanks, please monitor that and let me know how you get on.

How does the QoS issue manifest? You say it disables itself, how is this visible? Do speeds on other devices increase back to full?

1) QOS is way to complicated to setup for XBOX, specifically if you have ethernet and WIFI connections. Once setup via ethernet it seems to work. Suddenly, I notice lagging and buffering when playing games - I go to QOS and it has been turned off (Auto Enabled). 

2) Another annoying thing - 3 days after last reboot - dashboard is hanging again: http://192.168.77.1/desktop/index.html?cache=0#com.netdumasoftware.dashboard

image.png.07632102d0eee42568437429b8a7e600.png

And of course - even the android app is not allowing me to login to the router: Unknown Error Occurred!

p.s. Desktop version gave up after 5 mins - and still struggling to load any of the widgets - it is as if CPU is 100% load (I cannot see the load so I am guessing). 

image.png.5827ba2f4275329fdd2725761f956572.png

image.thumb.png.b7d2ae43d72cf8d49b534fe4cc9ff009.png

I am really struggling to see the benefits of this router: the software is flaky, the performance is unreliable, the wifi range is limited, regular reboots required. 

What options are there to get a replacement or a different router?

As if by miracle, after another router reboot - my internet is fine and here are the speeds to prove it: 

image.thumb.png.ae0c5760d537ab429044ef8f42bd4ad2.png

You really need to fix the OS - is it massively unreliable. 

And the android app is working again, miracle x2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, is there a way to get the log file just before the reboot?

Today, I couldn't get into the system again, forced rebooted it (power off/power on), however, the log file only provides entries since the reboot?

Surely, it would be good to see what causes the router to stop working/responding?

Also - can I schedule reboots?

I feel, with such an unstable OS, weekly reboot would be great, say Sunday morning 4am, so a cron job option would be smashing. 

Due to the amount of available storage on the router, logs are stored in memory and therefore are cleared after power is lost. Unfortunately there isn't an option for schedules reboots in DumaOS, ideally we'd like to resolve the problem such that a weekly reboot isn't required so that's what we're committing our resources to currently.

• 5 months later...

I'm having all these same issues with the QOS. I bought this router to help with lag and packet loss/packet burst. When I first got it everything worked well. Now, QOS almost never works. I am really disappointed by the performance of the operating system. In 2 weeks I'm moving and my new house has Fibre internet. I don't think I will be using the R2 after that. It is too unreliable.  Maybe I can sell mine to recoup some of the cost.

6 hours ago, Jforrest1978 said:

I'm having all these same issues with the QOS. I bought this router to help with lag and packet loss/packet burst. When I first got it everything worked well. Now, QOS almost never works. I am really disappointed by the performance of the operating system. In 2 weeks I'm moving and my new house has Fibre internet. I don't think I will be using the R2 after that. It is too unreliable.  Maybe I can sell mine to recoup some of the cost.

Could you please create your own topic and detail your issues?

What exactly are the issues you're having with QoS? What other issues are you having with the operating system?

I thought it was clear by my comment. I'm having the same issues as the original poster. Qos - "this rapp is not loaded yet" my game is stuttery and full of lag which may very well not be the R2s fault  but my whole purpose for buying the R2 was to prevent this and if it isn't then it feels like it was a waste of money for me.

10 hours ago, Jforrest1978 said:

I thought it was clear by my comment. I'm having the same issues as the original poster. Qos - "this rapp is not loaded yet" my game is stuttery and full of lag which may very well not be the R2s fault  but my whole purpose for buying the R2 was to prevent this and if it isn't then it feels like it was a waste of money for me.

What firmware version are you currently running? This issue is fixed in the latest firmware. I'd suggest you download and install it from here:

You can then factory reset the router afterwards and all should be good!