Packet loss

KRoot28

Hi and welcome

Could you add as much info as possible, like how the R2 is connected to the internet via other equipment, are you using WiFi or wired, your QoS setup and so on. The more info the better the chance to solve your issue quickly.

R2 is connected to cable modem from ISP I am using wired connection and QoS settings are default did connection benchmark on DumaOS and wasn’t showing packet loss there

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is the model of your ISP modem? What are your speeds? With QoS settings default, it's basically off so that won't be helping. Can you provide a screenshot of a completed Connection Benchmark test please? Where are you testing packet loss exactly?

I too have packet loss in Warzone, haven't figured out why yet. problem is that when I have the packet loss in warzone, I am running a parallel ping to 8.8.8.8 and it spikes a lot for a couple of seconds. So it is not just warzone's problem. Yesterday the R2 just rebooted in the middle of a game... dropped me out of discord and the game of course. For no apparent reason. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Troopergr said:

I too have packet loss in Warzone, haven't figured out why yet. problem is that when I have the packet loss in warzone, I am running a parallel ping to 8.8.8.8 and it spikes a lot for a couple of seconds. So it is not just warzone's problem. Yesterday the R2 just rebooted in the middle of a game... dropped me out of discord and the game of course. For no apparent reason. 

What are your QoS settings? Can you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results? If possible could you make a new topic for us to continue in? 

It is an Arris modem from my ISP and connection speed is 1gb/s my connection test is attached here and i was just going off testing packet loss from this connection test and i also used poing plotter but not sure how to read it lol

CONNECTION TES.png

ping plotter.png

1 hour ago, KRoot28 said:

It is an Arris modem from my ISP and connection speed is 1gb/s my connection test is attached here and i was just going off testing packet loss from this connection test and i also used poing plotter but not sure how to read it lol

CONNECTION TES.png

ping plotter.png

Again, it's their servers fault not yours or ISP's. Packet Loss was no issue till the end of June last year. When Season 5 hit the Paket Loss Symbol appeared. Personally I think around that time dumbass Raven Software got the Lead on Warzone and they had no clue what they were doing.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You've got no packet loss there. For Ping Plotter put in like a local news website or something like that and it will give us a better idea if that is an issue or not.