Random ping changing.

So if I search for Saudi servers. The first ingame ping starts at around 100 ping then goes up to 200. Which takes a few minutes to find a game.

However after a few games the ping changes to 20 ping and either doesn't find a game or tries to put me on servers outside my geo filter.

I have to remove geo filter device and re add it and reset game to sort it. 

just to update this. after say 3 games my ping changes to <44ms ping this is when it takes ages. i have to flush the cloud a few times and restart game for it to go back to a normal ping and actually find games.

im located in the uk. even if i have it on us the ping always reverts back to a lower starting ping causing long waits for lobbies if any at all. Like ive just played one game the searching ping started on 120 after 1 game its reverted to 19 the time i search.

• Administrators

The purpose of the router isn't to force servers that far away, it is possible but as you've seen the ping is increased and search times are longer. I suspect that it realizes the ping is too high for you, checks your location and then tries to get you games closer to home but then you're blocking them. I think if you are going to be forcing servers at that distance then it's just something you'll have to keep doing 

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I imagine they analyze the games and seeing you have a higher ping than the majority of the game might prompt them to research

This also happens to me and only recently been doing this. I'll play 2/3 games inside my Geo location then it switches back to EU servers. I have end my party and reconnect to online services for it to reregister in my Geo location

• Administrators

They are probably trying to stop people attempting to counteract SBMM which I suspect is the only reason people are doing this as it's counter intuitive in terms of quality of the connection