AdBlocker for Online Gaming

Ameryjr

The adblocker feature is incredible works like a charm across all of my devices!

I like to play multiplayer online shooters at competitive level so the smallest things make a HUGE difference, i was curious and have these questions Gents!

1. Does having adblocker enabled on my ps4 console create any latency or increases ping

2. will i benefit having the adblocker enabled on my console in online multiplayer shooters ?

3. will i win more gunfights or lose more gunfights with this enabled/disabled on (ps4 console)?

thank you🙏

• Administrators

To answer your questions:

1. There will be very little if any ads at all to block on the console so no it wouldn't. If anything, if there were ads to block then it could slightly improve ping as it would prevent the ads loading though it would be slight at best.
  2. Same as above
  3. Same as above

Basically it won't improve your gaming at all by having it applied to the console. If other devices were being used at the time while gaming and they were accessing ad heavy sites then it could help but QoS would keep your connection great anyway.

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, ghorman said:

ADblocker?  Where is that?

If you're using the R1 you need to upgrade to the DumaOS 3.0 beta which I've just given you access to: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

If you have the R2, take a look at the menu on the interface!

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

To answer your questions:

1. There will be very little if any ads at all to block on the console so no it wouldn't. If anything, if there were ads to block then it could slightly improve ping as it would prevent the ads loading though it would be slight at best.
  2. Same as above
  3. Same as above

Basically it won't improve your gaming at all by having it applied to the console. If other devices were being used at the time while gaming and they were accessing ad heavy sites then it could help but QoS would keep your connection great anyway.

appreciate the feedback legend Fraser💪 

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're using the R1 you need to upgrade to the DumaOS 3.0 beta which I've just given you access to: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

If you have the R2, take a look at the menu on the interface!

I'm running XR700, so I guess I need to go back to the beta firmware if its part of 3.0