2 router setup...need help

Danjok5

Let me know if this is even possible and what settings must be changed on both routers in order to make this work.
I currently have a google wifi system. Works very well no issues. I purchased a netduma r2 for the geo filter feature. How could i use both of these routers to their full capabilities at the same time using only one modem. 
In other words i want to keep my google wifi for my home wifi and i want to use the netduma r2 for my wired gaming connection and be able to use geofilter feature without affecting my google wifi. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I assume this is Nest WiFi that you have? If so do you have just the router or the router and 1/2 points? What is the modem model the G WiFi is connected to?

13 hours ago, Danjok5 said:

Let me know if this is even possible and what settings must be changed on both routers in order to make this work.
I currently have a google wifi system. Works very well no issues. I purchased a netduma r2 for the geo filter feature. How could i use both of these routers to their full capabilities at the same time using only one modem. 
In other words i want to keep my google wifi for my home wifi and i want to use the netduma r2 for my wired gaming connection and be able to use geofilter feature without affecting my google wifi. 

I have something similar except I'm using Orbi for all my home devices.  All I did was connect the Netduma's Internet port to any of the regular ports on my other router (or a switch) and then connect your gaming systems to the Netduma. I turned off WiFi on the Netduma since I'm not using the wireless feature at all.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I assume this is Nest WiFi that you have? If so do you have just the router or the router and 1/2 points? What is the modem model the G WiFi is connected to?

Hello, yes it is google nest wifi, router and 1 point. The modem is an arris model tm822g

55 minutes ago, wolverine2003 said:

I have something similar except I'm using Orbi for all my home devices.  All I did was connect the Netduma's Internet port to any of the regular ports on my other router (or a switch) and then connect your gaming systems to the Netduma. I turned off WiFi on the Netduma since I'm not using the wireless feature at all.

I have plugged in using both wan and lan ports and get double nat issues with the wan and moderate with lan 

I am not too worried about QoS really only looking to use geo-filter. Gaming devices will be wired to R2. I dont get crazy speeds, google wifi says 110 down 35 up

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you wanting to use QoS properly? What are your speeds? Will gaming devices be connected to Nest or direct to the R2?

I am not too worried about QoS really only looking to use geo-filter. Gaming devices will be wired to R2. I dont get crazy speeds, google wifi says 110 down 35 up

4 hours ago, Danjok5 said:

I have plugged in using both wan and lan ports and get double nat issues with the wan and moderate with lan 

I ran into that when I modified my set up just a bit to do some testing. Something I noticed was when I had the NAT issues, the routers had the same IP Address range.  Both were on 192.169.x.x. I don't have the issues when one of the routers is on 10.x.x.x and the other is on 192.168.x.x.  maybe try to change the Netduma address space and see if that helps.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:30 AM, Danjok5 said:

OK sure, so you'll want to to have the R2 connected to the Nest using the Blue WAN port. Unforunately it would appear that Google Wi-Fi doesn't have a DMZ feature so double NAT might be a little more tricky to work around. What do you play on, console or PC?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK sure, so you'll want to to have the R2 connected to the Nest using the Blue WAN port. Unforunately it would appear that Google Wi-Fi doesn't have a DMZ feature so double NAT might be a little more tricky to work around. What do you play on, console or PC?

I play on the xbox series x

On 5/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so on Nest you can port forward to the R2:

Source/start 1-65535 Destination/end 1-65535 Protocol TCP/UDP

and that will achieve the same effect as the DMZ

Hey man sorry I can only work on this on weekends right now, busy with work and graduate school throughout the week. Really appreciate the help and patience here. I have set up this port forwarding on the nest. But now i am not getting any internet access from the r2 on my either my wireless devices or wired xbox and the nat type is unavailable on the xbox as well as not connecting to internet. The current set up is 

nest ip: 192.168.1.1

r2 ip: 192.168.77.1(factory)

modem connected to nest wan

nest lan connected to r2 wan 

r2 lan connected to xbox

The port forwarding is set up on the nest to the dumaos external 1.65535 -> internal 1.65535 with tcp&udp selected

R2 dmz is off

The subnet masks are the same for both devices at 255.255.255.0

dhcp and upnp is off on the r2

Set up static wan ip on r2 192.168.1.2 with gateway being 192.168.1.1

nest dhcp pool starts at 192.168.1.5 throough 192.168.1.250

these are all the settings i have changed rn let me know what needs to be fixed

• Administrators

Don't disable DHCP or UPnP on the R2, in fact the DHCP is likely why you don't have a connection on those devices as if you disable it you have to give the devices static IPs otherwise they don't know how to connect to the router. I'd recommend re-enabling DHCP as it is much easier

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't disable DHCP or UPnP on the R2, in fact the DHCP is likely why you don't have a connection on those devices as if you disable it you have to give the devices static IPs otherwise they don't know how to connect to the router. I'd recommend re-enabling DHCP as it is much easier

I have enabled both dhcp and upnp on the r2. There is still no change in internet access to any device including the wired xbox

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the R2 seem to have a WAN IP on the System Information page? Does Ping Heatmap and Connection Benchmark work, indicating the router itself has a connection?

The r2 wan ip is 192.168.1.66

the ping heatmap seems to be working as it is giving me pings for servers

connection benchmark was able to run a test completely