Auto ping on/off

SJ 1294

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't have to do anything, whatever is within your radius will be allowed, whatever outside it will be blocked. You do not need to add to the allow/deny list each time.

So if I turn auto host off I don't have to select any servers? Finding a game at the minute since the update Thursday is very slow. Could you elaborate 'strict mode' as well for me please as I can't see any information on it?  Thanks Fraser 

• Administrators

Auto Ping just automatically pings the host of the server, it doesn't have anything to do with filtering servers. The radius itself blocks/allows servers, you don't need to allow/deny servers manually at all. You can get more information on features by clicking the ? icons on each panel. Strict Mode enabled forces servers to be within the radius - we only allowed people to disable this for Destiny so would leave it enabled.

What do you mean it resets exactly, your settings have changed?

hi 

related to this topic 

so auto ping host just gives you extra details when you are in match ?

so turning off or on means it will not finds you best server ?

how to manually check servers details during in match like auto ping host (because on geofilter server disappears after when you are connected )

and how to find the best servers (i use middle east server only and in middle east i added like 30 servers and when i start blocking half of them i couldn't find the match any more so i deleted all of them )

some times i get very good server and some times i don't  

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, zaibkhan said:

hi 

related to this topic 

so auto ping host just gives you extra details when you are in match ?

so turning off or on means it will not finds you best server ?

how to manually check servers details during in match like auto ping host (because on geofilter server disappears after when you are connected )

and how to find the best servers (i use middle east server only and in middle east i added like 30 servers and when i start blocking half of them i couldn't find the match any more so i deleted all of them )

some times i get very good server and some times i don't  

Correct yes - it will automatically ping the host of the server for you and provide you with tick rate, send rate etc. It won't disappear when you are connected - you can disable Auto Ping and click on a server manually. You don't need to use Allow/Deny to get servers, if they're within your radius they will be allowed. Use Ping Heatmap to identify servers and use it to inform your Geo-Filter settings

on ping heat map the server which i am  connected in game doesn't ping on heat map it shows in servers ping heat map list but i can't ping that servers when i am not playing game 

ID :b50f1ae5ac54b3b8

Domain Name:   ec2-15-184-84-229.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com (i was connected to this server in game )

on ping heat map i can't ping on this server which shows in r2 servers ping heat map list : 15.184.41.202

my 2nd question is some times i get good connection and some times i don't 

to find good connection i close the game when i feel like my connection is not good so i close the game and connect again most of the  time in 3 or 4 attempts i am able to find the right server (this procedure is quite hectic )

so how do i find the right server in my first attempt ?

should i change my DNS , i use upstream dns (my modem works like modem (bridge mode) (R2  pppoe username and password ) that's my connection upnp enabled  dmz also checked in modem with ip which i use for gaming  , ports also forward 

• Administrators

We'll be updating Ping Heatmap, it's currently not pinging all the available servers correctly. Variables will always occur, what you're doing is just forcing different servers until you find one that works best for you, that's just trial and error so you have to try that first and then you can force the server over and over. You don't need to change DNS it won't do anything for your connection