Question about netgear support

Hello, I wanna buy a XR500 to use the dumaOS but I want to ask if this router will continue supporting dumaOS with updates in the next years. ( Asking because its kind of older router and dont want to buy it and dont have dumaOS longterm).

Also, does the geofilter works for xbox series s?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your interest in DumaOS! The XR500 will absolutely be supported for the foreseeable future, we currently have DumaOS 3.0 in beta on the XR500 so you'll be seeing some great new features once that's fully released too!

Geo-filter does indeed work with the Series S, as long as you're playing a game that's categorised in DumaOS.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your interest in DumaOS! The XR500 will absolutely be supported for the foreseeable future, we currently have DumaOS 3.0 in beta on the XR500 so you'll be seeing some great new features once that's fully released too!

Geo-filter does indeed work with the Series S, as long as you're playing a game that's categorised in DumaOS.

Thanks for the reply. As for foreseeable future, would this be a couple of years or months? I would be happy if.you could be a bit more.precise. thanks.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Mayos said:

Thanks for the reply. As for foreseeable future, would this be a couple of years or months? I would be happy if.you could be a bit more.precise. thanks.

Impossible to say, that will be Netgears decision but as we're actively developing it will be at least a few years I should think.