Optimize R2 for better home use

andrew98

Hi,

I have just purchased My R2 and it is working fantastic for gaming, but not so much for the rest of the devices connected.

Iphones have low connection and at times completely cut out, Televisions have very blurry picture due to internet connection.

I am looking for advice on how to better optimize the internet using my netdumaR2 dashboard so that The rest of my home has high quality wifi and phones and TVs are functioning well and on good internet connection. 

Welcome to the forum! 

Is it just devices connected via Wi-Fi that are having connection difficulties? We're aware that the strength of the Wi-Fi on the R2 is not at it's full potential and we're working to fix that!

Have you tried using a Wi-Fi analyser to determine which are the least congested Wi-Fi channels in your area, then set the channel settings in Network settings -> Wi-Fi accordingly?

Thanks for the reply! I am more looking to learn how to properly optimize the netduma so that i can get better connection to televisions and phones. Are there settings within the dashboard I can change to help get better internet going towards cell phones and TVs? And I have not used a Wi-Fi analyzer I will try that. 

• Administrators

Set the WiFi antennae to look like this _ | | _ so two pointing straight up and one either side pointing outwards. Are you using Mirror Mode for WiFi?

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? What are your internet speeds?