XR500 - Router config pages hang/timeout

Ever since updating to the newest firmware the configuration page(s) will either hang and timeout or intermittently work and then stop. It doesn't matter what configuration I'm trying to access. Rolled the firmware back three times, each with a different "stable" version that I've used in the past along with factory resets after rolling back every time, and the issue still occurs. Network performance overall looks to be similar as well. Lan and wifi devices all experience this issue. It either works or it doesn't every two to three minutes. I've reseated all connections. I've had the router mounted and secured since I bought it, 2 years ago. Used an old router to with the existing LAN and WAN connections and everything works fine. I can only assume this is a hardware issue, at this point, but since it's two years old, I guess im SOL. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Administrators

Use TFTP to upgrade to the latest version, then once you've done that do a factory reset. The TFTP method bypasses the boot process of the router and any issues there so hopefully that will resolve it and the reset will provide the freshest install possible.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

• Administrators

Right click the page, click inspect element. In the window that appears go to Network, click the disable cache checkbox. Click and hold the refresh button appears on the browser and choose the option that appears - clear cache and hard reload and see if it loads faster please

Ok, gave that a try. Tried both firefox and chrome. Firefox just shows a red page but nothing else and chrome wont work at all. Also,  other websites are hanging and not working either. Apps on wireless devices constantly say there's not internet but after a min. it will work again and back/forth. I really don't think this issue is isolated to just the config page on the router.