Netduma R2 Help!

8 Wonders

Hi,

This is more of my issue than the Netduma router (I cant say i'm the most knowledgeable tech wise, apologies in advance! ) but I have a few issues, if possible I could get some guidance on!

1. My xbox seems to be okay in this regard its showing connected by ethernet wired ipv4 (pre netduma used to say ipv4 and ipv6?) however my playstation will only connect to netduma via wifi? there is an ethernet plugged in and ive tried moving ports around but no luck? i have nothing else connected to my original ISP router, also i have tried creating a wired connection from within the playstation but it seems to not give me the benefits of the netduma if i do that?

2. Again xbox games seem fine but playstation (specifically fifa) i am receiving real bad lag, fifa has indicators for packet loss, high ping and jitter and i am receiving all three in red ( get yellow variation on occasion which is not as bad but still not great) this is every single game where as pre netduma i would maybe see this once a week, the connection is very bad and getting huge spikes, game is not responsive and feels worse than pre net duma

I have set up everything that I needed from what I could see, ill add some screenshots of what i have done, again ive likely done something incorrect, thought i would mention i am with sky and i copied the DMZ from netduma to sky router settings page ,also i have set my personal upload and download as per the built in speed test, hopefully i have provided enough information / explained this well as like i said im not the most tech savvy

thanks!

image.thumb.png.feab67ab9d090e62f07c80eaa374f951.png

image.thumb.png.af035fe4c63ed55769110a6eba7aa6d5.png

image.thumb.png.e7f02fa7f92801fe5ac307d6eda66e97.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1. Could you clarify what you mean by trying to make a wired connection within the console and why you think it then doesn't benefit from the router? If you setup the connection and choose all the automatic options it should just connect.
  2. I can see you're not in Filtering Mode for the PS4 so that could be it if you didn't just do it for the screenshot. What is the average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what does it show in the game? Do you see the Geo-Filter ping fluctuate a lot?
  3. On the DMZ front, just to double check you took the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2 and put that in the DMZ?

Hi Fraser,

1. usually when i connect the ethernet cable from the ps5 to the router the connection type is picked up as wired immediately like the xbox has done but the ps5 is picking it up as wifi, ive tried setting up a new connection from scratch but when i do this the device manager shows the ps5 moving to the modem / wan line to the router and i then lose abilities of the duma such as geo filter etc?

2. i switch between them lots, im not sure if there is any benefit to having them off between playing different consoles anyway but its what i have been doing, ill add a screenshot of what im seeing from a game running in the background, can see visual speed up lag although in this particular game im not getting the packet loss, high ping and jitter symbols which is a first!

3. yeh thats what i done but again ill add a few screenshots and maybe you can see where its going wrong!, seems to be sitting around 20 ms to 25 ms at worst according to auto ping window 

image.thumb.png.99f52e9c9da6672a79ced74c6d2581b6.png

image.thumb.png.1dfa9248d686a80c9588c5c0ddc0e6a3.png

image.thumb.png.480a69a29e5829820221f31820d1227e.png

• Administrators

Can you take a screenshot of the Device Manager when that happens please?

That's a good ping to the server, was that within your Geo-Filter radius?

That's all fine, looks good as far as I can see. What QoS settings are you using?

ill add below! ethernet is connected to NETDUMA

ive added screenshots previously for QOS

but yeh the ping seems fine to me, i even had one at 10ms which ive never seen before but game quality was still poor 

thanks Fraser

image.thumb.png.d75470c6ad905f6587acb1357772f0a3.png

• Administrators

My mistake yes you did, thanks! Device Manager looks good, thats how it should look when a device is connected via ethernet.

You may find better games by forcing different servers using the Geo-Filter, some people find a slightly higher ping plays better.

Hi Fraser

unsure why the geo filter doesnt work though for playstation when connected via ethernet? i can find games but it doesnt show me the servers being connected to? on wifi connection it does

im kind of unsure what else to do at this point, if all settings are correct then it should run much better than it is

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Re-sync cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu (if you get a too long message, wait 1 minute then refresh the page and it will have applied)
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup the Geo-Filter and put Ping Assist to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Hi Fraser, 

tried that and still receiving the  packet loss, high ping and jitter symbols sadly on the playstation 5, gameplay is horrible to play

was unable to use ethernet also for the PS5 had to go back to wifi connection to receive the netduma abilities like geo filter etc

Hi Fraser,

Issues seem to have been resolved,  i think game play is much better

however i work from home and use a powerline adaptor (is connected to netduma) and today was getting no internet connection? had to plug directly into ISP router to get internet again

has any of the changes made likely impacted this? or is this on my end

cheers and thanks for your help so far!

That's good to hear!

What is the powerline adapter connected to usually, to the R2 or directly to the modem? When you say you had to connect directly to the modem do you mean your PC directly or the powerline itself?

Is the powerline adapter one of the offline devices shown in your above device manager screenshot?

Awesome, thanks!

Could you please try the following with the PS5:

1. Turn off PS5
  2. Remove PS5 profile from Geo-filter
  3. Unplug ethernet
  4. Remove PS5 from Device Manager
  5. Plug PS5 ethernet back in
  6. Re-add PS5 to Device Manager
  7. Boot the game and re-test

Let me know if this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there 

Having some more issues with the router, becoming very frustrated sadly, router is fantastic when it works but it seems like I'm fighting with it more than anything! 

1.currently have no Internet connection after doing a 30 second reset and waiting two mins after searching the forums for help due to point 2

2. On xbox series s, game is halo 5 if that is relevant, the last few days instead of the usual router only providing me games within the filtered settings via geo filter, I'm finding games on US servers and being removed from games, this leaves team mates in playing with then thrown into games without me, this isn't ideal obviously as I'm then waiting on a server I've chosen which until then I'm being removed from games, I have no idea why this is an issue so suddenly, no settings have changed and the only thing I can do is reset the routers, this has fixed the issue previously but no longer works! 

3. I've had random Internet disconnects over the last few days with again the only way to resolve is to reset the router, I feel like all I'm doing is resetting the Netduma, it's becoming painful to use 

Hopefully you can help as I like the router when it works! 

• Administrators

Has there been a game update at all? Are you the party leader when searching for games? Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter showing you getting a game outside your radius?

On the Hub set a static/reserved IP for the R2 - use the same IP that is in the DMZ and that should help prevent the disconnections

no updates and yes im always the party leader 

ill try and add a screenshot but as per the legend it just flashes on the map with the blocked server icon

im unsure how to do this, would it be on the LAN TCP/IP Setup page?

thanks

Hi Fraser,

there is a page on the sky hub called LAN IP Setup: Address Reservation

from there i can select dumaos  but ip address is different from the duma os ip address

path - duma os >network settings >lan>general and from there is a dmz ip address (dmz button is off) this ip address doesnt match the sky hub ip address and wont change when i try to

in regards to ID of the server, is this the halo servers? thanks

• Administrators

You should set the IP as the one that is in the DMZ of the hub already - the IP shown on the System Information page on the R2. It should not be the LAN IP/IP you use to access the interface.

Yes what is the ID of that blocked server please

would this be the wan IP? its the only sort of ip address i can see?

also i could give you multiple, its not one specific server it could be any of the US or anything else it connects to in regards to the halo servers

thanks fraser