No internet connection

Smalgen_be9

I first set up my R2 router a day ago and it worked just fine. I geolocated myself in India for warzone and everything worked smoothly. Then i set up my VPN using Express VPN and i could suddenly not use party chat on my PS4, it said that the other players in my partychat could not perform voice chat due to network failiure. So i tried to turn off vpn but partychat still did not work, so i used the restart option on DumaOS. I restarted my PS4 and the partychat worked again, however when i opened Call of Duty MW the partychat immediately did not work. Then i turned off the game and used the restart button on DumaOS again and after that i could not login to DumaOS because i needed a username and password and none of the ones i had worked. (I tested the ones i made and the ones on the router).

Skip forward to today and i factory reset 30 / 30 / 30 my router. When i try to connect to the router on my phone it says "Cannot connect to the network" and when i try to connect to it on my Macbook it says "The Wi-Fi network "NetdumaR2 requires a wpa2 password" and i tried the password under the router and it didn't work. I have my PS4 directly connected to the router and it does not connect to internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i unfortunately don't have a computer i can directly connect to the router.

• Administrators

You will need to use the password conversion method here to reconnect to the WiFi and complete the setup wizard to get internet http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

Do not use the 30-30-30 method in future as it can damage the router

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You will need to use the password conversion method here to reconnect to the WiFi and complete the setup wizard to get internet http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

Do not use the 30-30-30 method in future as it can damage the router

I think the router may be broken. I have made sure that everything on my end is tested, like the router it's connected to and i tested with my old router and it worked just fine. I also renewed my "DHCP Lease" which was supposed to fix the problem. I've tried with the password on the bottom of the router and the converted password. 

I'm also having the exact same problem with my Macbook, tried all the troubleshooting methods aswell. 

Was working really well until this moment aswell

Any help would be appreciated also 

2 hours ago, Smalgen_be9 said:

I first set up my R2 router a day ago and it worked just fine. I geolocated myself in India for warzone and everything worked smoothly. Then i set up my VPN using Express VPN and i could suddenly not use party chat on my PS4, it said that the other players in my partychat could not perform voice chat due to network failiure. So i tried to turn off vpn but partychat still did not work, so i used the restart option on DumaOS. I restarted my PS4 and the partychat worked again, however when i opened Call of Duty MW the partychat immediately did not work. Then i turned off the game and used the restart button on DumaOS again and after that i could not login to DumaOS because i needed a username and password and none of the ones i had worked. (I tested the ones i made and the ones on the router).

Skip forward to today and i factory reset 30 / 30 / 30 my router. When i try to connect to the router on my phone it says "Cannot connect to the network" and when i try to connect to it on my Macbook it says "The Wi-Fi network "NetdumaR2 requires a wpa2 password" and i tried the password under the router and it didn't work. I have my PS4 directly connected to the router and it does not connect to internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i unfortunately don't have a computer i can directly connect to the router.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Smalgen_be9 said:

I think the router may be broken. I have made sure that everything on my end is tested, like the router it's connected to and i tested with my old router and it worked just fine. I also renewed my "DHCP Lease" which was supposed to fix the problem. I've tried with the password on the bottom of the router and the converted password. 

Can you use an ethernet capable PC to attempt access to the interface? If you can and it doesn't work, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter then post the results here please.

31 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm also having the exact same problem with my Macbook, tried all the troubleshooting methods aswell. 

Was working really well until this moment aswell

Any help would be appreciated also 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It would be easier if you could make a new topic so we can focus on you. What happened exactly?

Hey thanks for the welcome. 

Ok I'll make a new topic. 

I went to turn on the MacBook this morning and the r2 had disconnected and it wouldn't let me reconnect tried factory reseting etc with no luck.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, craig said:

Hey thanks for the welcome. 

Ok I'll make a new topic. 

I went to turn on the MacBook this morning and the r2 had disconnected and it wouldn't let me reconnect tried factory reseting etc with no luck.

Use the password conversion method as linked above to regain access, then complete the setup wizard

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use the password conversion method as linked above to regain access, then complete the setup wizard

I have tried this but it didn't work 

I connected the router to my mothers PC and i was able to connect to it again. However, dumaos did not load its pages and it said "Uncaught undefinded". After some time loading i got this message. Here is what i got on command prompt:  

452781968_Commandpromptnetdumar2.jpeg.49f7b384b09d17e3e971abe6109df39a.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.25.15.png

Edit: I will try to post a readable picture asap.

IPCONFIG CMD NetdumaR2.png

I can also send it on email for higher quality.

That all looks good from what I can see. In here you can go and change the Wi-Fi password so you can connect from other devices, but make sure you take note of the current Wi-Fi password as this is what the R2 will reset it back to if you do a factory reset.

Where are you seeing that error? These sort of things are actually often resolved by either giving the router some time after a reset or with a reboot from the interface.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

That all looks good from what I can see. In here you can go and change the Wi-Fi password so you can connect from other devices, but make sure you take note of the current Wi-Fi password as this is what the R2 will reset it back to if you do a factory reset.

Where are you seeing that error? These sort of things are actually often resolved by either giving the router some time after a reset or with a reboot from the interface.

When i open the geofilter it says:

442836078_ScreenShot2021-04-12at16_31_30.png.0ee1e00dcc766c4f27097aa72149b442.png

When i try to open any other categories it just endlessly loads.

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 16.33.26.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you try unplugging the router and leaving it for a few minutes, then plug it back in and give it a few minutes to boot up. See if you continue to get these errors.

It worked! Thanks to all of you for the help:) would not have made it without you.