Factory reset R2. Now Rapps won't load

fatal0Efx

I keep having persistent issues with my R2, like apparently many others.  This is getting beyond frustrating.   In an attempt to fix previous issues I was having I updated firmware to the latest.  This did not resolve my issues.  

Thinking it may be due to not factory resetting as suggested with the new firmware, I did just that.  Now, I have a completely NEW issue.  Sigh.

Now, half the RAPPS never load.  I just get prompted with the generic "the operation is taking longer than expected.  Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.".  Even for Rapps that do load, attempting to do anything in them (e.g. set my home location in geo filter), it starts to apply settings then the dreaded message appears.

It doesn't matter how long I wait.  It doesn't matter if I restart the R2 (done several times).  

Like seriously, what is wrong with this thing?  What do I do now?  If you say power cycle it one more time, I'm going to throw a tantrum (LOL) because that causes one of my MAIN issues, where the damn R2 never pulls it's WAN IP from my cable modem (bridge mode).

image.png.19f2e474a0fa2a860356497cd937bb65.png