Ethernet devices not working through netgear gs108e

callan

Hello, I recently set up my netduma R2 and went through the initial setup. However, devices being connected through a netgear gs108e ethernet switch are unable to connect to the internet (A device connected directly via ethernet work fine). Any advice on how to begin troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Our internet setup is as follows: BT Smart Hub > R2 > Ethernet in the wall > GS1083 > Ethernet in the wall > Some device.

Edit: (Noticed the device will intermittently ben considered offline by the R2)

Edited by callan
Additional information

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Well first I'd suggest checking each ethernet in the wall to see if they work without the switch so we can try to narrow down where specifically the issue seems to be

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Well first I'd suggest checking each ethernet in the wall to see if they work without the switch so we can try to narrow down where specifically the issue seems to be

thanks for the reply fraser, just to clarify the current switch setup worked/works without issue when connected directly to the bt hub

• Administrators

Gotcha. It's a managed switch is that right? Do you need to use it managed as it would be better if the R2 could see all your devices, could you try disabling the management or settings on the switch and see if it works?

2 hours ago, callan said:

thanks for the reply fraser, just to clarify the current switch setup worked/works without issue when connected directly to the bt hub

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Gotcha. It's a managed switch is that right? Do you need to use it managed as it would be better if the R2 could see all your devices, could you try disabling the management or settings on the switch and see if it works?

I have a GS105e, this is not a problem in the initial configuration! If you have touched the parameter the best is to put it in the factory and then in a second time to set the IP on the R2 (It allows the very practical VLan) Obviously, you have a double connection on your switch! Disconnect all your cables on the switch and do the test by adding them 1 by 1, until you find which device is causing the failure!

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I had the electrician fit it when wiring the place so I haven't actually taken a look at the switch. I'll have a look at disabling device management on the device and see what happens.