Network Map - Device types

Hello,

I feel it would be a good idea to have the addition of smart appliances as a device type.
Might just be myself but out of the 18 devices I have showing on my network map around 75% of them are smart lights/plugs/assistants

I'm currently setting them to Printer as I don't own any printers and it makes it easier for me to keep track of them.
Also if there is a possibility to do grouped bandwidth allocation based on device type. Allowing us to switch between device based bandwidth and individual allocation would tidy up my QoS area and make it much easier to set all my devices that don't require much bandwidth to just hang around at 1%

1801343505_Screenshot2021-04-07100352.png.46576707ed627fad9e56602454c8e4ad.png

• Administrators

So actually in 3.0 we have more device types available as you can see below:

devicetype1.pngdevicetype2.png

and underneath VOIP is Xbox. Once 3.0 is available for the XR300 you will have these also. In regards to Bandwidth Allocation we have added the ability to allocate based on the type of applications you use to 3.0. We may allow grouping of devices, that has been suggested before.

image.png

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the update!
3.0 Sounds like it will a good step up. Just curious, how is the application based allocation done? Does the deep packet inspection go off the actual application used?
E.G. Netflix via chrome, is it picked up as web general use or is it Media
From prior experience I know Netflix especially tends to mess with QoS features taking up more bandwidth than it actually requires.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Gamer said:

I cant activate my wlan on my xr 500 can you help me please ?

It is active by default, could you clarify the issue you're having please? It would also be better to start your own topic so we can focus on your issues.