XR300 - Excess Bandwidth sharing

Hello,

We recently upgraded our ISP package from 300/10 to 600/50.
I haven't had any issues with the excess bandwidth allocation prior to the upgrade. If myself and my partner were both downloading games we'd both be getting around 18/20 MB/s.
If one of us was downloading we'd get around 35MB/s which is what I'd expect.

I've reconfigured the QoS settings to match our new speeds. With QoS off it was 616/52. I've set the buffer bloat to 95% for both download and up. Made sure share Excess is turned on but when I test with only my device using bandwidth I can't get higher than 300Mbps (Upload is fine and I get around 45Mbps). If I turn off QoS I can get full speed (Around 585Mbps from the bufferbloat)

If both my partner and I download at the same time we are still getting the same shared speed we had when we were on prior to the upgrade.

Hi,

I've given this a try and it's the same.
I also tried setting my device to 100% allocation and it downloaded at half our max speed.
Tried the same with my partners device.

Turned off QoS and got full speed.

I've gone through the majority of the settings on - DumaOS Optimal Settings Guide: Maximum Bandwidth Speeds : NETDUMA
My modem is set to Modem only and IPv6 is turned off

• Administrators

Disable Traffic Prioritization please so any rules you've added and disable DumaOS Classified Games then try a download please. If QoS completely off works then it does indicate a setting somewhere is preventing it

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Traffic Prioritization please so any rules you've added and disable DumaOS Classified Games then try a download please. If QoS completely off works then it does indicate a setting somewhere is preventing it

Is there a setting I need to disable somewhere in the settings or is it just removing the rules and turning off the classified games.
I've attached the current settings I've just tested with and I'm getting the same result.

Screenshot 2021-04-07 000154.png

So, I did a factory reset on the router.
left everything default and for the first 5-10 minutes I could only get 100Mbps on a speed test. However after this period my device could get around 630Mbps.
I tested this around 10 times and it was fine everytime with QoS on.

I decided to see if I could break it, I moved the bandwidth allocation for my device to 90% and did a test and it went back down to 316Mbps.
I reset the bandwidth allocation so all devices were reset and even percentages. Kept trying speed tests but it was still only hitting 300-320Mbps.

it seems as soon as I manually modify the bandwidth allocation it cuts my speed in half, even if I reset it seems to keep the max speed as half my max.

Firmware - 1.0.3.56_10.3.41

• Administrators

Well done on figuring that out. That will be a bug and while we are developing DumaOS 3.0 for the XR300 it's not something we can focus on fixing as it shouldn't be a problem in 3.0. I'd suggest doing a factory reset get it back working and then don't use Bandwidth Allocation - I rarely suggest people adjust this feature anyway and at your speeds it is not really needed.