Cant get destiny 2 geofilter to ping my friends.

Cannabas

So when i log on to destiny2 i see the servers but i can see my 2 xboxs or my friends ping. But when i switch to destiny 1 i see our pings i domt understand does anyone know how to fix this

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

They have changed their systems to use servers instead of player hosts so it may no longer be possible to force games between two consoles. We're looking into what they have done and will see what we can do, though that's never been the intention of the Geo-Filter. Most likely it will now be possible to filter servers like most other games with the Geo-Filter.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:13 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

They have changed their systems to use servers instead of player hosts so it may no longer be possible to force games between two consoles. We're looking into what they have done and will see what we can do, though that's never been the intention of the Geo-Filter. Most likely it will now be possible to filter servers like most other games with the Geo-Filter.

They aren't using servers as you keep saying... The game is still peer to peer. They are simply routing the traffic through steam servers to hide players ip addresses. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Wynd said:

They aren't using servers as you keep saying... The game is still peer to peer. They are simply routing the traffic through steam servers to hide players ip addresses. 

Therefore using servers and so unable to search based on Peer 2 Peer matchmaking as you were previously able to

9 hours ago, Cannabas said:

So is there gonna be a possible fix? Or are we all gonna be stuck in the mud?

We're currently testing it, we're hoping you'll soon be able to filter based on servers such that you can choose which servers you connect to. In terms of filtering out players, we're not sure if that's going to be possible.