Filtering mode not working as intended on xr500?

Hi, I play Destiny 2 and occasionally use the router for soloing strikes etc.

Everything has been working as intended for the last few weeks, until the last couple of days when I seem to be matching up with people despite setting my router to filtering mode, strict mode and host of other settings designed to block other people from joining me in a game.

Do you know why this would be? I haven't changed any of my settings. I have the location set to somewhere remote with a limited distance for other people to find me. I also have strict mode enabled.

Not sure what if anything has happened and why I'm now matching up with other players. Is it something at my end or something Bungie have done? Thanks

Geo filtering no longer works bc of the changes bungie implemented on their side. It’s been non functional on pc since Shadowkeep but with yesterday’s update for ddos protection it no longer works on Xbox 

• Administrators

They're changed their systems so it appears you're unable to block players specifically but you should be able to force the closest servers which will still give you an advantage. This is how it works for most games.

Sounds like there's nothing they can do. If you look at the forums, people have been asking for these changes on PC since March last year. Best thing to do would be ask for a refund IMO, as their product no longer does what it says it should do and I'm sure many people in these forums have bought the router specifically for one game - Destiny 2. 

2 minutes ago, DKitch1984 said:

Sounds like there's nothing they can do. If you look at the forums, people have been asking for these changes on PC since March last year. Best thing to do would be ask for a refund IMO, as their product no longer does what it says it should do and I'm sure many people in these forums have bought the router specifically for one game - Destiny 2. 

You're right, I bought the router to do things in solo mode, or they find a solution or I will ask for a refund since I spent € 300 just to have the geo filter function, which is wrong ....

9 minutes ago, DKitch1984 said:

Witch console you use?

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hanno cambiato i loro sistemi, quindi sembra che tu non sia in grado di bloccare i giocatori in modo specifico, ma dovresti essere in grado di forzare i server più vicini che ti daranno comunque un vantaggio. Funziona così per la maggior parte dei giochi.

E scusa la domanda, come si forzano i server per continuare ad usare il filtraggio? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nerf_Napalm said:

same problem, and now how can I block people? do you have to wait for a geofilter firmware update?

One more question, how can I force servers? Thanks

1 hour ago, vSpeed said:

E scusa la domanda, come si forzano i server per continuare ad usare il filtraggio? 

As they have transitioned to servers it is no longer possible to block people, that is how most games work so that's not something we can get around. Forcing servers works the same way as allowing/blocking players from certain areas. Make your radius over an area and if there is a server there it will put you on it. If that's not working we'll look into that and we should be able to fix it.

and now? I bought the router to block people to do the activities alone, practically I spent € 300 for nothing? How can you ask for a refund, because in your description it says that you can block people ... Thanks

1 ora fa, Netduma Fraser ha detto:

Poiché sono passati ai server, non è più possibile bloccare le persone, è così che funziona la maggior parte dei giochi, quindi non è qualcosa che possiamo aggirare. Forzare i server funziona allo stesso modo di consentire / bloccare i giocatori da determinate aree. Crea il tuo raggio su un'area e se c'è un server lì ti metterà su esso. Se non funziona, lo esamineremo e dovremmo essere in grado di risolverlo.

Come faccio a creare un raggio nella mia zona? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Nerf_Napalm said:

and now? I bought the router to block people to do the activities alone, practically I spent € 300 for nothing? How can you ask for a refund, because in your description it says that you can block people ... Thanks

That's my theory based on what people have said today, I can't be sure as I haven't tested it myself personally but I've tasked the team to do so next week. Also where are you seeing that description? I'd like to double check it. You can see the terms at netduma.com/terms

42 minutes ago, vSpeed said:

Come faccio a creare un raggio nella mia zona? 

Ti ho risposto nell'altro argomento.

9 minuti fa, Netduma Fraser ha detto:

Questa è la mia teoria basata su ciò che le persone hanno detto oggi, non posso esserne sicuro perché non l'ho testato personalmente ma ho incaricato il team di farlo la prossima settimana. Inoltre dove vedi quella descrizione? Vorrei ricontrollare. Puoi consultare i termini su netduma.com/terms

Quick question but if part of the problem is steam network sockets knowing your IP address could you potentially use a VPN to hide it? And would that get around some of the changes Bungie have made if you want to block people from joining you? Netduma really needs to treat this as a priority as commercially this isn’t good if potentially a swathe of their customers can no longer use their product in the way it was advertised. They also won’t get any new business from a product that doesn’t work. 

6 hours ago, DKitch1984 said:

Quick question but if part of the problem is steam network sockets knowing your IP address could you potentially use a VPN to hide it? And would that get around some of the changes Bungie have made if you want to block people from joining you? Netduma really needs to treat this as a priority as commercially this isn’t good if potentially a swathe of their customers can no longer use their product in the way it was advertised. They also won’t get any new business from a product that doesn’t work. 

I tried using hybrid VPN as well tonight, it did not help sadly. I think it's basically game over for geo filtering for destiny.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's my theory based on what people have said today, I can't be sure as I haven't tested it myself personally but I've tasked the team to do so next week. Also where are you seeing that description? I'd like to double check it. You can see the terms at netduma.com/terms

Do u cann link please the other discussion where are a "tutorial" for filter the server please.

Thx

2 hours ago, KTTFT said: