XR450 Keeps disconnecting from internet

I have a XR 450 Knighthawk that I have not even had for a year and all of a sudden it lost connection to the internet.  I wired directly to my modem and was connected.  I had to factory reset it to finally get connection back on my router, but ever since then I get random disconnects throughout the day that last from 15 to 30 seconds.  Sometimes 5 disconnects within 10 minutes.  I ran a ping test to my router through cmd and was getting "request timed out" and "general failure" at the same time as the disconnects.  I am hard wired to it and the current firmware is V2.3.2.114.  I do not know what firmware I had before all of this but I know that I had it to auto update which I am regretting because I believe that may be the case after some research.  Does anybody know which firmware I should use for my XR 450 or know of a solution to this problem?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I would highly recommend upgrading to this version: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR450/m-p/2078652#M4595 which has a potential fix for this issue. Do a factory reset after the upgrade for a fresh install.

I just loaded version V2.3.2.56 based on some forum recommendations.  I did not see any newer versions than 114 in my router but I will try to manually load that one after I test version 56, thanks for the quick reply!

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, scipio55 said:

I just loaded version V2.3.2.56 based on some forum recommendations.  I did not see any newer versions than 114 in my router but I will try to manually load that one after I test version 56, thanks for the quick reply!

You're very welcome, keep us posted! 

It's a beta firmware that's why it isn't in the official downloads section for the router currently.

Spoke too soon.  After my last post I had 5 disconnects within a 15 minute window.  I'll constantly ping my router again to affirm that it is my router disconnecting and not my ISP, but it seems to be the same disconnects as before.  I do live in Florida, and I have had other routers in the past fail due to overheating, so there is that possibility.

Edit:  This issue has been going on for about 5 days now.  The disconnects seem to be coming in waves.  Some days I don't notice any, but I may have not been paying as much attention.  Some days I get tons of them within a small window.

Netgear CM600 modem only.  Been using it since 2017, paired with this Netgear xr450 for almost a year now with no issues.  A buddy of mine thinks it could be my computers network adapter, my motherboard is fairly old.  So I am running a ping test on my wife's computer too, so if both computers loose connection to the router then I can rule out my network adapter.