NetdumaR2 not getting internet access

DJnoDRAMA

I have a netdumaR2 that has been connected to the modem/router from my internet provider.  I’ve tried resetting the router by holding the reset button and I’ve also unplugged the router.  I followed all the steps for installing it. All I get is “unidentified network” when I connect the router to my cpu and there is also no WiFi access to the R2. The lights that indicate that there is 2.5 or 5 connection are not lighting up. Also when check my router from my provider it says there are no Ethernet connections connected to it. I checked to see the IP that I am receiving from the R2 and it is not an original 192.168.1.xxx it’s showing 169.254.1.xxx. I need help please.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Most likely all you will have needed to do would have been to access the interface, complete the setup wizard and then you would get internet. However, as you've reset it and it's now getting that address you will need to do a factory reset again to get the normal IP structure back. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to access the interface and complete the wizard.

9 hours ago, DJnoDRAMA said:

After I reset the R2 it keeps turning itself off and resetting the ip. I’ve been trying the reset method all day

Are you still seeing the same 169.x.x.x IP? Can you try manually setting the following static IP in windows and see if this gives you access to the interface?
IP: 192.168.77.2
Default Gateway: 192.168.77.1

I got the same issue with mine out the box won't  connect to internet via LAN or wifi so I can do anything try to connect to the ip adress and won't connect need help please. I also put the password on the wifi and it said that is wrong when clearly I'm putting the right password 

20210331_174530.jpg

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, ItsPokoton said:

I got the same issue with mine out the box won't  connect to internet via LAN or wifi so I can do anything try to connect to the ip adress and won't connect need help please. I also put the password on the wifi and it said that is wrong when clearly I'm putting the right password 

I've responded to your topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve created a static ip and I’m not getting any connection.  I can’t access the DumasOS program.  I’m not getting the SSID for the R2 router either.  The lights on the R2 turn off and comes back on. I keep losing connection from the PC I have connected to in

20 hours ago, DJnoDRAMA said:

I’ve created a static ip and I’m not getting any connection.  I can’t access the DumasOS program.  I’m not getting the SSID for the R2 router either.  The lights on the R2 turn off and comes back on. I keep losing connection from the PC I have connected to in

OK, I believe you'll need to email us at [email protected] with your order number and a link to this thread, we'll then need to send a replacement out to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
48 minutes ago, DJnoDRAMA said:

I still have not received any response about getting a replacement.

Check your spam/junk folder as it may have ended up there. If not send another email and if they don't reply by the end of tomorrow let us know your email address and we can chase it for you.

• 1 month later...

Hey I’ve been patiently waiting for a response to return my modem because it’s not working.  I have not received a response from your team on an email I sent over 2 months ago.  I’m starting a business this month and I really need the modem for this.  I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some help.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, DJnoDRAMA said:

Hey I’ve been patiently waiting for a response to return my modem because it’s not working.  I have not received a response from your team on an email I sent over 2 months ago.  I’m starting a business this month and I really need the modem for this.  I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some help.

Sorry about that, I've found your email and passed it on to the team - I've escalated it so you should get a response tomorrow