Xbox Double NAT type Moderate Connection Warzone

SkDrz

Recently received my R2 this is connected to my Virgin Media box (UK) however when turning on my console it tells me that the NAT Type is Moderate and double NAT is detected. Meaning that when i try to party up with players on Warzone it can not let them join. I am running on IPv4 not sure if IPv6 will make much difference.  

I can search for games but i am not sure it is connecting to the serves that i want on the geofilter. I Have watched many videos on YouTube and still no luck. Has anyone managed to resolve this issue or had something similar? 

I am new to the Netduma community, and thought that it would be a really simple process such as plug and play but boy I am wrong 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Follow these steps and you'll be good to go:

1. Access the V hub: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub#hub3orhub4
  2. Go to Advanced Settings > DHCP
  3. You should see the R2 in the Attached Devices table, if yours is like mine it will say DumaOS 
  4. Click the device, you should see the Add Reserved Rule part under the table populates with information
  5. Then just click add rule and save the settings
  6. Make a note of the IP
  7. Go to Advanced Settings > Security > DMZ
  8. Click enable
  9. Enter the IP
  10. Apply

so i have followed the steps that you recommended however it is now giving me a status saying NAT type unavailable not sure whether I should rest the R2 or go back into the virgin media hub to change the ip again. when i log into the hub it does not recognise the the DumaOS and this is now not visible.

Any ideas?