XR500 Goes to factory settings after a reboot or power cycle

If i power cycle the router, or reboot it via the internal GUI menus, the router reboots into factory settings.   This happened for the first time when i rebooted my router after my internet went out and i usually power cycle both just to be sure.   I decided to reboot it internally and got the same issue today.  Im not sure what to do.  I got this router at the end of 2019 i believe and its already defective. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, what firmware are you currently running?

Hello liam, i appreciate your response, after i called Netgear yesterday i was told that it was a hardware failure and they offered to sell me another router.  After i declined i got to digging and found a similar post.  i am now running 2.3.2.120  This seems to have fixed the issue.  When i did the firmware updated through the GUI, i still had the issues with whatever netgear pushed to my router automatically.   I believe i have resolved the issue as of late last night. 

I'm getting this exact same issue right now.  XR500, 120 firmware and overnight i lost all internet again.  Reboot only makes the router start up as a new router.  I can go through that setup and get in the router but when I do anything that requires a reboot, it starts over.  I've even tried to install the config i save for 120 and it just starts over.

I'm at my wits end with the F'ing thing.  So far its extremely unstable and i just can't have that.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, turbosi92 said:

I'm getting this exact same issue right now.  XR500, 120 firmware and overnight i lost all internet again.  Reboot only makes the router start up as a new router.  I can go through that setup and get in the router but when I do anything that requires a reboot, it starts over.  I've even tried to install the config i save for 120 and it just starts over.

I'm at my wits end with the F'ing thing.  So far its extremely unstable and i just can't have that.

I've replied to your topic