Mesh network

Marge30

Good afternoon 

need assistance regarding set up for my netduma R2 with my mesh network

I have Tenda MW12-3 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System

I took the main mesh box out my broadband box and plugged straight into the netduma but it disconnected. My computer is upstairs so there’s no way I can have the box’s in my room hence why I use mesh

any help would be greatly appreciated and any questions please ask

thank you

Yes I can see the r2 on my wifi list. I’ve connected the hive box to the r2 but that appears to not be picking up the connection to the boiler. So it appears a few things don’t connect  

• Administrators

That's great it's broadcasting WiFi but if you connect to it do you get an internet connection? If the whole router isn't getting a connection then that will indicate why the devices connected are not working, whereas if it is then it will be something else

Thanks for the help. All sorted on that front.

question, if I’m the host of the lobby and I connect to a server over in America for example. Can my friends join me or do I need to set up something for it to work? Or can they just join me as normal and then I’ll look for a game? 

2 hours ago, Marge30 said:

Thanks for the help. All sorted on that front.

question, if I’m the host of the lobby and I connect to a server over in America for example. Can my friends join me or do I need to set up something for it to work? Or can they just join me as normal and then I’ll look for a game? 

In theory yes, as long as you're the host of the lobby you should find games according to your Geo-filter, regardless of whether you're searching on your own or with friends. However Geo-filter is designed to connect to very distant servers so there's no real guarantee this will work in practise.