Internet Dropping @Fraser

Blackhulk_

Hi Fraser it’s Blackhulk from twitter. Have been having an issue with my router halving my speed and then dropping Internet. When the connection is severed, the only way for me to get it back is to manually reboot by unplugging the power source  and waiting 15 seconds then plugging it back in. Once that is done everything works fine again.... until it doesn’t.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

A few questions to help us help you:

• What firmware version are you on?
  • What speeds do you pay for/expect?
  • What speeds are you receiving via a wired device?
  • Are disconnects happening over wired, wireless or both?
  • What is your exact physical setup - i.e. what is the model of your modem/router the R2 is connected to and are ALL devices connected to the R2?

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

A few questions to help us help you:

• What firmware version are you on? 
  • What speeds do you pay for/expect? I pay for 400dl and 20UP. My old router could get 475dl at times and 23 up.
  • What speeds are you receiving via a wired device? I’m seeing 230ish dl and 21 up.
  • Are disconnects happening over wired, wireless or both? Disconnects are happening both wireless and wired. 
  • What is your exact physical setup - i.e. what is the model of your modem/router the R2 is connected to and are ALL devices connected to the R2? I am using an arris modem. Arris modem is connected to the router and my security router is plugged into the Netduma as well. Exact set up from my old router.

OK, so all devices are connected through the R2, nothing is connected directly to the Modem? Are these speeds from Connection Benchmark or through a third party speedtest? If so, what speeds does Connection Benchmark see? 

Also, how frequently do the disconnects occur? One thing you could try would be to go to Network settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours.

50 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, so all devices are connected through the R2, nothing is connected directly to the Modem? Are these speeds from Connection Benchmark or through a third party speedtest? If so, what speeds does Connection Benchmark see? 

Also, how frequently do the disconnects occur? One thing you could try would be to go to Network settings -> LAN -> DHCP and set the lease time to 168 hours.

These are benchmark speeds that I posted. The disconnects happen once every two days. I will try your suggestion and see if it gets better.