Having problems setting up new netduma r2

nicksmith1309

Just received my netduma r2

started following steps ... unplugged everything from isp router and plugged all into netduma, sane with wifi..... on my device manager however it’s still showing my Xbox as connected to my isp router via lan rather than connected to the netduma (definitely connected to netduma via lan physically) 

Also having problems trying to integrate a vpn ... after failing to integrate ExpressVPN yesterday (apparently its incompatible) I took out a subscription with PureVPN and started trying to integrate it, entered my purevpn username and password then was prompted to enter my netduma username and password .... which I’m stumped at ... I’m not sure I was even given or chose one and there doesn’t seem to be an option of ‘forgot password’.  

also this evening everything on Dumaos is struggling to load ... just getting spinning ring of doom. 

any help would be greatly appreciated because I’m completely lost.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What device manager are you seeing that on, the one on the R2? If so please take a screenshot of what you see.

The R2 username/password is admin/password but you would have been given an option to change this in the setup wizard. 

Did you paste in the OpenVPN configuration file?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, nicksmith1309 said:

Hey fraser I messaged you directly about this issue 

Please keep the support on the forum as I get a lot of PMs and you will get faster support from me and others through posts. To answer your points:

You will need to factory reset to start again and set new credentials - hold the reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds, release and then wait 2 minutes before accessing and using the default credentials admin / password

We are working on WiFi currently to improve the speed and reliability. Until then try disabling mirror mode, then giving 2.4/5GHz different names and saving (I would recommend doing this while connecting via ethernet otherwise you will get kicked off and have to reconnect). Then reboot the router from the interface.

How did you determine the devices were showing as connected to the modem rather than the R2 exactly?

You would have to look up the manual of the extender on how to de-link/re-link with another device - they will vary on how to do this.

Hi Fraser 

thanks for the response. Got dumaos ip and running again via factory reset ... this also seems to have sorted the issue of the devices that were showing as still connected to to my isp router rather than the netduma.

still having troubles with integrating purevpn ... I set up using basic setup I left protocol as udp (no idea if that’s right or not) but even though it says it’s connected .... when I go onto show my ip I’m still visible .... I’ve added my laptop as a device and selected only vpn these services but I’m still visible when I search. Also when adding my Xbox as a device it’s set to ‘do not vpn these services’ and it won’t let me change it.

I should point out that me buying the netduma was as a last attempt to be able to continue to play call of duty warzone .... I had my account hacked and lost access all access to it last October. I submitted an account recovery request with activision at the time and have been trying to get hold of them ever since with only a couple of responses saying ‘they were still trying to track down my account’ since. I was given a ‘temporary’ new account whilst waiting for my original account to be recovered but I really started to struggle in games and with the launch of the sbmm website I discovered that despite having .6kd (now was around 1.05 at the start) I was almost entirely being put in diamond/platinum lobbies..... it got so bad that my friends said it was my account blacklisted and if I didn’t create a new one then they wouldn’t play with me because they all suffered when playing with me. So I made my 3rd account levelled up the guns I used Again, jumped back into warzone only to find I was and still am being put in those diamond/platinum lobbies. Me and my friends have all come to the conclusion that my original account probably got stolen, taken over and used by a scummy hacker and as a result my ip was blacklisted ... I’ve messaged activision about this as well but again have heard nothing from them in months even if I publicly try to shame them into responding on Twitter. So getting the netduma with the built in vpn to mask my ip was my last hope at being able to play warzone because at the moment it’s become un playable. 

if you can get this working for me I would be eternally grateful 

Hi Liam 

im viewing it just like you said by searching what’s my ip on google 

just tried doing what you said but it comes back same IP address, showing both location and service provider

ive attached screenshots of the results and my view on dumaos on my hybridvpn screen if that helps 

635801C6-8CF9-454F-9A61-72A30CAAC356.jpeg

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Removed picture as they showed your IP address.

• Administrators

For your MAC you need to choose Do NOT VPN these services and then that will change your IP, the IP can cache so would recommend restarting the MAC once you've made this change and then check it. Also the console being greyed out is normal - you can't specify services/applications on a console so it applies to the whole device.

I’ll give that a try now.... my latest problem is that I can’t connect to Xbox live through netduma anymore .... it’s connected via lan to the netduma which in turn is connected via lan to my isp router. When I connect the lan directly from my Xbox to isp router it works fine ... any ideas? 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, nicksmith1309 said:

I’ll give that a try now.... my latest problem is that I can’t connect to Xbox live through netduma anymore .... it’s connected via lan to the netduma which in turn is connected via lan to my isp router. When I connect the lan directly from my Xbox to isp router it works fine ... any ideas? 

That's more likely due to the VPN, if you disable the VPN does it work?

Hi Fraser yes that’s exactly what was happening. I disabled the vpn logged in then enabled it and it seems to still be online .... not sure what will happen if I log off though.

also my may type is showing as strict .... then when I go into Xbox setting/ test Nat type it says double Nat detected. Any ideas on this? 

• Administrators

That's due to the VPN as well, the NAT type and the speed. If you're just gaming through the VPN then you have plenty of speed. Unfortunately there is not much that can be done for the speed at the moment though we are working on it. NAT is due to the VPN itself.

What about the ping though it’s gone from 22 to 158 ... won’t that completely defeat the whole purpose of buying a gaming router? At the moment I feel like the netduma is unusable ... the WiFi is so slow or keeps having problems so the family keep reverting back to my isp wifi and the vpn makes it not fit for gaming and everything just runs slower than just sticking with my isp router .... is there nothing I can do to get it to work how I want it to? 

• Administrators

That ping is just the ping to an authentication server, it is not indicative of your game ping which will be lower. You're using a VPN which will increase latency and we wouldn't recommend playing like that or if you really want to then we suggest picking the closest VPN server to keep the ping low as possible. What are your WiFi settings?