Receiving HALF my internet speeds while using R2

2yung2dy

I have tried with and without geo filter. With and without QoS enabled. I’ve entered in the correct speeds. I’ve tested via Verizon speed test, Speedtest.net, okla, and the built in bandwidth test. I have Fios gigabyte internet and when I tested with just my fios router I am achieving my full gigabyte up and down. 

• Administrators

How did you disable QoS exactly when testing? What Geo-Filter settings were you using for the game? 

Are devices still connected to your Verizon router? If so you need to connect them to the R2 as they can pull bandwidth from the R2.

I tried both “Never” and completely disabling QoS as well as the recommended 70% setting(which completely destroyed my stream so I had to turn it back to never). I’ve tried MANY different geo filters as well as spectator only mode. Only thing connected to Verizon router is R2. On top of all of that the WIFI wavers in and out so much and is so weak. I would like to return this product, can you please direct me how. The website isn’t clear. 

• Administrators

Can you provide a screenshot of the Device Manager table view showing the link speeds please? What are the exact speeds you're getting as shown by speedtest.net using a wired device?

I need some more specifics about the Geo-Filter settings you're using. You can see how to do so at netduma.com/terms

750down 300up Right this second, but like  450down 450down half the time. With all due respect geofiltering is not my issue as I’ve tried 100 different combinations including not using it at all. My issues are not receiving my internet speeds, packet bursting in the main game I stream, bad lag when I’m the host no matter what server I connect to(even if my ping is less than 20-30, and really terrible WiFi coverage in my house. I really just want to return this. 

image.jpg

• Administrators

Understood thanks. Sorry that you want to return it. I'm sure with time we could have resolved the issue.

Putting the Verizon router in modem/bridge mode or putting the R2 in the DMZ of it would likely help with this as it will pass traffic straight through to the router.

So I’ve looked everywhere in the fios router for bridge mode and can’t find it. I disabled the WiFi on Fios router. When I look at my details for R2 through the Verizon router it does say “Bridge” as the connection type, even though I have not enabled bridge mode anywhere. 

• Administrators

Great thank you for that - so go to Firewall please and change the security level to minimum (don't worry the R2 has a built in Firewall), then go to DMZ host and put in the R2 WAN IP found on the System information page of the R2 and apply those settings. Then try a speed test from the R2.

By the way you can find the manual for the G3 here in case you need it: https://fccid.io/RAXG3100/User-Manual/User-Manual-4330452.pdf