Unable to setup Nedtuma R2

Zardeso

Hello there,

So I just received the Netduma R2 in the mail but I'm having problems setting it up. I was following the setup guide and everything was going well but after I set my new wifi password (same as the one on my ISP's router's wifi) it got stuck on the 'setting up wifi' page for like 15 mins. I then unplugged the router and waited about a minute then plugged it back in. After plugging it back in, I could not connect to the r2 using my new password or the password on the back of the router. I factory reseted the router a couple times and it still won't work. Then I used the 30-30-30 technique and now only the power and internet led's are lit up and not not the wifi led's (2.4Ghz/5Ghz). I'm quite stumped as I don't know what to do now and I'd love to make this work somehow

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. As you change the WiFi details on the setup wizard and were using WiFi to do so then you would need to reconnect to the WiFi using the new details. Don't do that reset method as you can damage the router. Are you able to connect to the router via ethernet to see if you have access and complete the wizard?

Hey,

`Looks like I fixed the problem. All I did was turn off the router, wait 10-15 mins and followed the setup guide once again but this time I plugged the router into a different socket. It's weird but it's working now so thats good. I do have another issue though, when I use the ping heatmap rapp to ping fifa 21 servers it only shows 2 servers located in North America but when I turn on the game I can see 5. I want to test the ping to the servers located in Columbus, Ohio and Washington DC but the are not showing in 'ping heatmap'. 

Any solutions?

Hello again,

I wanted to understand how congestion control works. Say I have a 200d/10u connection, what would the optimum settings be for low latency gaming? It says it helps if a device is being too greedy and using all of the bandwidth but when does a device use all of the bandwidth?

Also, under the traffic prioritization tab 'Duma OS classified games' is selected but fifa is not included in it. How can I add fifa to the prioritization tab?

Edited by Zardeso

• Administrators

There is no specific optimum settings for a certain speed. The best thing to do is do a Connection Benchmark test, see what the Ping Under Load is then use Congestion Control with Always and experiment with different percentages to see what lowers those results as much as possible.

What platform are you playing FIFA on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, 

So my R2 has been acting weird lately. It gets disconnected from the internet every now and again even though the router that it's connected to is working fine. Also, I'm getting inconsistent speeds when when I connect to the R2. When I connect the original router I'm getting 380d/10u but on the netduma one minute I'm getting 380d/10u and the next iI'm getting something like 68d/10u (using connection benchmark).

When I use ookla speed test for the original router I'm getting consistent 380d/10u every time I run the test but when connected to the R2 on ookla I'm getting 160-190d/10u. On the connection benchmark it's the same as before with wildly inconsistent download speeds from 68-380d. These wild connection swings are impacting my gameplay and I don't know what to do.

• Administrators

On the other router set a static/reserved IP for the R2 and that should help with the disconnects. We're still improving upon the Connection Benchmark speed results so don't pay too much attention to that at the moment. Have you entered the speeds you expect in Bandwidth Settings on Congestion Control?

Okay I will try setting a static IP.

Yea but even on ookla the speed was different. On the main router the speed is coming 380d 10u consistently on ookla but on the netduma the ookla speeds are also way off  <200d. They never go above 200

Also, is there any reason for the ping to increase for a specific server. Like lets say last week average ping was 30ms and one week later the average ping goes up to 37ms with high ping spikes.

9 hours ago, Zardeso said:

Yea of course I was using a router before the R2 how would I use the internet if I didn't have a router. So you are saying copy the MAC address of the main router?

Were you using a separate router though? As in did you have a modem and a separate router, or was it just one modem/router that handled everything?

If the former, take the MAC address of your previous router and give it to the R2, then reboot the R2.

9 hours ago, Zardeso said:

Also, is there any reason for the ping to increase for a specific server. Like lets say last week average ping was 30ms and one week later the average ping goes up to 37ms with high ping spikes.

The ping of a server will fluctuate depending on several variables, such as the amount of other users on it. What were the ping spikes going up to? How do you have QoS configured?

I just had one router that handled everything, no second router 

Ping spikes go up to high 40's but before the ping spikes were mid 30's. My QoS is 95 for gaming for both upload and download. Does QoS setting have an impact on ping values?

• Administrators

Okay try the MAC please.

Yes it can have an impact depending on what is happening on your network at the time. 95% isn't much, I'd suggest dropping to 70% for download/upload and see if it improves.