Connection goes bad as soon as i start game

Thomas91

Hey!

i got an R2 a few days ago and i got a problem with the connection, as soon as i start a game on my pc - my internet connection goes rly bad, i have 80/8 in speed test and as soon as i start a game like Valheim my connection goes rly bad( drops down to like 5/6 in speedtest), i cant even speak to my friends in discord or view streams on 2nd monitor while im ingame

i tried to disabling Qos - no effekt

i tried lan or Wifi - same 

i set a static ip - no effekt

edit= and i tried factory rest like 3 times already

what else i can try ? thanks for reply

greets

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. How did you disable QoS exactly? What is your exact physical setup - do you have a modem (no wifi) or modem/router (with wifi) that the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? Are you using the Geo-Filter for Valheim? If so you will need to disable that.

to disable Qos in dumaos  i go to Qos -> Congestions Control and go to Disable Qos , but it doesnt change anything for me.

my setupt is a modem/router(Technicolor EPC3940L)  in bridge mode and wifi disabled, i have my r2 connectet to my router/modem ,  my pc + tv with lan to R2 and my phone with wifi to R2

i did not setup any of the geo filtering up yet - so it shouldn do anything for me ?

Hi!

yes i just open the game, without joining anything.

Speedtest1.PNG.7cf3d454a456d5878d34859e753758f6.PNG

speedtest without valheim open

speedtest2.PNG.4890f5891b1aa4491ce3ed71df2c50cb.PNG

speedtest with valheim open

networkmonitor.thumb.PNG.6a2157fe5e41f860c76c04c3c3ecfbd4.PNG

network monitor when im in valheim not connectet to anything

i rly hope y can help me :(

while not in game =

Speedtestduma1.thumb.PNG.e816f06294307192a2b8e96ea62380e6.PNG

=when im ingame not connectet to any server

Speedtestduma2.thumb.PNG.8835efdd381007eaf441fbfb90066ccc.PNG

i already did that no change 

i can watch my speed go down live when i start a game ... from 80/8 to under 5/8

disabled qos completly - did reboot - nothing changed , did factory rest - disable qos - reboot - nothing change 

no i dont 

when im not in a game everything is working total fine, i can watch netflix on tv , stream on pc + phone all at the same time no problem.

but as soon as i start a game my connection drops - i can watch it in speedtest by Oookla live when i drops instant

i think its fixed now

because  you wrote about an app, i tried to find an app that could potentally mess up something and deletet a  few from asus 

and i set the powerplan in windows from ultimate power to balanced and now everything is working 

thanks so much for your help and your patience ;) 

good evening, no good news, i have the same problem again,:( as soon as i start a game connection drops to under 5/8

and now i cant even play - because connection completely goes down to 3-5mb down 

i disabeld dhpc on dumaos and set my pc static ip as dmz ip and now its working again ... i rly dont know if that was right to do .. i just tried and it works 

im rly sry im not a network guy i just google 

edit: i enabled dhcp again because my wifi didnt work , but connection seems still fine after starting game

• Administrators

That's really weird, I don't know why that would make a difference - it is more likely the DMZ which I wouldn't advise doing, I'd suggest taking that out, if it doesn't work you will need to do port forwarding. You haven't disabled UPnP I assume?

I did now , first 5 minutes everything did seem good but now my internet is down completly ...i dont understand whats wrong

Edit:  i restartet my router + r2 and now atm it all seems fine 

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.8b51789a828b395a300a53569877dff5.PNG

now everything is working, i rly dont know why - i hope it stays that way 

this is new , wasnt there yesterday, only option was to disable UPnP, dont know who set this up lol but it works 

Unbenannt1.PNG.4a6f94e152ff6d2d0ca56c6fd822c06f.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG