QOS not working properly?

Wayne

For some reason my QOS is not working properly, Verizon Fios ISP Gigabite (940mbs/880mbs)
QOS on -> Always -> 90/90 but getting 525/266?
and another at Always -> 100/100 -> 695/359?

unknown.png

unknow3n.png

unknow5n.png

Thanks for posting, now we know the issue with your isp it could be DSLreports is incorrect. I’ve no idea if the issue is presenting wrong readings but if so it will carry over to other online speed tests too but that’s a guess. 
I’m going to also hazard a guess that QoS is ok and working as intended but online browser tests may be wrong. 
Now that PingPlotter is working ok you should see some benefits from trying out CC but you have a great connection and you might not need to worry.

I would try having some games online and see how it feels too. 

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Good points from Newfie!

When you disable QoS entirely, do you get closer to your paid for speeds at all or is that lower as well?

Yes! When I disable QoS entirely I'm normally getting 8xx/8xx (on DSLReport I don't start to get bufferbloat until it hits 700 upload)

Screenshot_2021-03-12 Speed test result.png

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Thanks for posting, now we know the issue with your isp it could be DSLreports is incorrect. I’ve no idea if the issue is presenting wrong readings but if so it will carry over to other online speed tests too but that’s a guess. 

When QOS is disabled I get my normal speeds, If It was a ISP thing I think with the router's QOS off it would still not read lower speeds than I'm actually getting but it reads the speeds i should be getting so i'm a little confused

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you reset Bandwidth Allocation please and then try again? Sometimes it's as simple as that and then it will report correctly

After reset:
QOS On -> Always -> 100/100

Screenshot_2021-03-12 QoS - DumaOS(1).png

Screenshot_2021-03-12 Speed test result(1).png

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it will just be lower with QoS active in general but now you have reset that does it adhere to your CC settings if you throttle it?

🙏 🙏 🙏

(is that bad bufferbloat? go lower?)

Screenshot_2021-03-12 QoS - DumaOS(2).png

Screenshot_2021-03-12 Speed test result(2).png

• Administrators

Great stuff! Okay so your idle is about 15 so it could be lower. It's best to try different percentages and see what works best - lower might not always be the correct way to go. Start with 70% work your way down and up in 10% increments. When you find a value that seems to lower it more than any other then do 5% either side of that to see if it can be fine tuned anymore.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great stuff! Okay so your idle is about 15 so it could be lower. It's best to try different percentages and see what works best - lower might not always be the correct way to go. Start with 70% work your way down and up in 10% increments. When you find a value that seems to lower it more than any other then do 5% either side of that to see if it can be fine tuned anymore.

25/10 seems to be the only thing that makes no yellow graph which i'm assuming is higher latency

Screenshot_2021-03-12 QoS - DumaOS(3).png

Screenshot_2021-03-12 Speed test result(4).png