RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument

David824

So tonight when playing COD I was feeling behind a lot in ever game...so I thought I would not use UPNP and try port forwarding because I always thought I felt a difference doing it with my R1...but now it wont even let me put a port in...I keep getting this.....

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'gmatch' ?: in function 'split' ?: in function '?' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:387> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

I did a search on here and found others were getting it but it was before the new update (which i have the new update) and Im not seeing if there was ever a fix. I get IP reserve it to get a open nat...and I can also use DMZ. I just think paying 150 bucks for a router I should be able to use ports if I want to. is there a fix?

BTW I tried factory resetting it a few times to see if it would let me use port forwarding and i get that pop up every time.

UPDATE: I figured out that if I run DMZ...it give me the popup....if I disable DMZ and just do a IP reserve it actually lets me put in ports and no popup. However...when I put in the ports I got from on this website, I go into COD and it gives me a moderate nat...even after rebooting everything. If I remove all the ports and run UPNP....and go back in ...it gives me an open. any ideas why?

Thanks for posting and for updating after the fact!

If you're getting a moderate NAT with manual port forwarding but open with UPnP, that would suggest there's another port in use that UPnP is picking up on. Do you notice a difference in matchmaking between the moderate NAT and Open?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for posting and for updating after the fact!

If you're getting a moderate NAT with manual port forwarding but open with UPnP, that would suggest there's another port in use that UPnP is picking up on. Do you notice a difference in matchmaking between the moderate NAT and Open?

Thats what I thought also....I ended up disabling UPNP and not doing ports...then rebooted to wipe away any port that would still be used maybe...then booted back up I put in ports...and the mod nat came back. 

I didnt see that much of a difference....but anytime I have had a mod nat...I mostly only saw it when tryingt o join other friends party...and it was so late last night...there was no one on.