Disconnecting all devices from internet randomly and regularly

I just received my Netduma R2 and it drops internet frequently and randomly.  It decides all on its own whether or not I can get on the internet, and restarting it and/or my modem doesn't seem to have any effect.  When directly connected to the modem, any other device in the house has an internet connection, including the router I was hoping to replace with this.  Judging by the forums, it's not an uncommon issue and doesn't seem to have any clear fix or great responses from support that give me confidence that there is a clear and simple solution. I already had a router that worked great. I bought this because it was a router plus it had an add blocker and some other features.  Well, the other features don't mean much if it doesn't consistently perform the main function of being a router. I would like to go back to my netgear router that never dropped connection. What steps do I need to do in order to get a refund? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. It is a bug, not everyone has it but we're getting very close to a fix so hopefully it won't be too much longer before we have a firmware that addresses it. Do all devices experience the issue - both wired and wireless? You can find our terms here: netduma.com/terms but basically within 14 days you can email regarding a refund.

It worked fine for a few days.  Now, all devices get no internet connection. I've restarted and powered on in order the modem, router, and pc many times, usually with the same result.  It may or may not ever get internet to my devices.  If it does, it lasts for no more than 10 minutes. I've read through the forums.  It seems there are many others having the same issue, but I've yet to read any post or comment that is a viable long term solution. I don't like the idea of paying extra for a router with extra features when the base router function doesn't consistently function.  I also read the terms.  They say they is a 30 day return policy for a faulty product. 

"Faulty Product
Those returned within 30 days of receipt:
You must return faulty items within 30 days of Receipt in order to qualify for a full refund or replacement. Netduma will offer a refund/ replacement and collection if we diagnose a technical fault with the product which we cannot resolve and the product therefore doesn’t work as described on www.netduma.com. If customers think that there may be a fault or the product doesn’t do what it is supposed to do they must post on our friendly user forum: Forum.netduma.com, explaining the issue and requesting help. The user cannot diagnose a fault without engaging Netduma for technical support on the forum, in the first instance. If our technicians are able to resolve the issue and declare no fault customers will no longer be entitled to a refund or a replacement. If our technicians diagnose a technical fault which they cannot resolve, they will confirm this on the forum and direct customers to our customer service department at [email protected] where you will get a return merchandise authorisation (RMA) code for a refund or replacement. Netduma will not accept user diagnosis. Software issues are often easily resolved over via the forum so please do not return the item until requested to do so by Netduma. We are unable to process returned items without the RMA code. In order to speed up the refund / return process customers are requested to  provide a link to the forum post confirming the refund/replacement, or confirm their forum username when making the refund request so that we can locate the refund/replacement confirmation."

I think that a very expensive router that fails to route on a regular basis with no clear solution qualifies as a faulty product. It also states that I need your help to diagnose why it's faulty or that it's faulty before it can be returned and it cannot be diagnosed by me.  That's my interpretation of it anyway.  My preorder arrived on March 5.  So it's within the 14 day return time frame, but even if I'm within the 14 days, a return due to it being faulty would be the accurate return.  I wouldn't be returning it if it worked.  Thank you for the response.