failed to readline from "dumos_theme_version"

I was having difficulties connecting my phone to the XR1000 so I rebooted the router. I have the router and my modem connected to an extension so I usually just flick the switch off at the socket so both devices turn off and get a reboot. I've done that about half a dozen times and it's been fine, did it throughout the life of my old nighthawk router and it was fine.

This time, when I turned it back on, I signed in to the router as I couldn't connect any devices to the internet. I just got a white page with plain text which read:

failed to readline from "dumos_theme_version".

I tried rebooting again, this time by the button at the back and left it off for about 5 minutes before turning it back on. The internet light came back red and I couldn't see the wifi on any of my devices anymore. After waiting awhile (googling on 4G on my phone to try and find out what had happened), I could log in to the nighthawk app and it basically treated it as a new device which needed to be setup. I reset it back to factory settings and set it all up again manually and it seems fine. 

I'm a bit worried as I don't understand why that happened, and there's key workers which use the wifi during the day that live here and it's really important not to have any down time. I'm now very worried that this might happen again and I could be left without internet at a vital time. Could any clarity be given on what may have caused this so I can do everything I can to prevent that from happening again please, it would be much appreciated!

I tried accessing it through my PC using Chrome and Firefox, and my phone using Safari. 

I couldn’t access the interface at all, I just got that screen back each time unfortunately. 

It seemed to reset itself after just doing a normal reboot. The terms and conditions had a 2017 date on it when it was getting me to go through the setup so I then reset it properly using a pin with the hole at the back of the router. Held it for about 15-20s before letting go and leaving it to reset for 5 mins.