R2 buggy and disappointed

Fas7Eddi3

Ive had this router for a few months. So far it constantly loses internet connection (and I’m hard wired). There will be days I have to reset the router 3 times. 

the polygraph ping drawing doesn’t work. Never has. 

it does get me good ping lobbies. That’s about it. I don’t understand why this router is constantly losing internet connection. I’ve also noticed I can’t seem to download anything unless I restart the router as well. 

Unfortunately I am in the same boat but that's within the first 3 days of having the R2 router. It has proven to be insanely buggy and ive had to reboot every time after using Geo-filter and then ive factory reset 3 times.

45 minutes ago, wsthurber said:

Unfortunately I am in the same boat but that's within the first 3 days of having the R2 router. It has proven to be insanely buggy and ive had to reboot every time after using Geo-filter and then ive factory reset 3 times.

Don’t expect much else.  I’ve had the loss of internet since I bought. I’ve updated the firmware and still have issues. 

• Administrators

Are you on .205 currently and did you factory reset after upgrading?

Here is a quick gif I made of using Polygon mode, what happens when you try to use it?

giphy.gif

We're looking into the issues with disconnections currently, I believe it happens mostly when using WiFi and if the router is connected directly to a pure modem, does that apply to you?

-
@wsthurber why do you need to reboot after using the Geo-Filter every time?

I have a Arris sb82000 modem connected to the R2 wifi is off and then asus ax5400 as a Ap for wifi extender since it has a much better wifi range and I get the disconnects. I really hope you guys  resolve this disconnecting issue, this issue has dropped your brand reputation really bad.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, wilsonbx198st said:

I have a Arris sb82000 modem connected to the R2 wifi is off and then asus ax5400 as a Ap for wifi extender since it has a much better wifi range and I get the disconnects. I really hope you guys  resolve this disconnecting issue, this issue has dropped your brand reputation really bad.

Disconnects via ethernet? It is something we're investigating, we will get it resolved.

I have to reboot because after 30mins to 1 hour of using the geo filter I am unable to make any changes. My device disappears from the top left of geo filter and I can't turn off the filtering mode. The i just keep getting the "Rapps is not loaded yet."

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, wsthurber said:

I have to reboot because after 30mins to 1 hour of using the geo filter I am unable to make any changes. My device disappears from the top left of geo filter and I can't turn off the filtering mode. The i just keep getting the "Rapps is not loaded yet."

Could you make a new topic for the issue so we can focus on you and include a screenshot of what you're seeing/how you've set it up please?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disconnects via ethernet? It is something we're investigating, we will get it resolved.

Yes via ethernet, hopefully your team will find the culprit what is causing the random disconnects.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, wilsonbx198st said:

Yes via ethernet, hopefully your team will find the culprit what is causing the random disconnects.

Do you know whether you have a static or dynamic public IP? If static then entering this into the R2 WAN Settings could help prevent it. Alternatively do you know how long the ISP lease is for the IP?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you on .205 currently and did you factory reset after upgrading?

Here is a quick gif I made of using Polygon mode, what happens when you try to use it?

giphy.gif

We're looking into the issues with disconnections currently, I believe it happens mostly when using WiFi and if the router is connected directly to a pure modem, does that apply to you?

-
@wsthurber why do you need to reboot after using the Geo-Filter every time?

Yes I know how to draw the polygon. It just never connects to any of the servers where I draw it. It always connects to servers close to me. 

as far as the disconnects, you have to figure something out.  I’ve had to reset my router twice in the last hour. It’s getting ridiculous 

• Administrators

You said the drawing didn't work so that's what it sounded like, but that's good can you take a screenshot of what you see when it's not adhering to your polygons please? Sounds like you're trying to beat SBMM and force servers far away, that's not the intended use of the Geo-Filter - it's possible to get far away servers but it increases search and ping times and may not always work. 

We're working on it I assure you.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sticky dabs said:

I am also seeing disconnect issues with internet wired on newest firmware. Using mb8600 modem. 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN and in DHCP settings set the lease hours to 168, apply and reboot from the interface. Please see if it happens again after that.

I've had my R2 for about 3 days now and first off the Wifi is horrid. I've used an analyzer and the best channels are still not very good. Was curious if this is just a firmware issue? Also noticed I can't disconnect smart connect anywhere.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, GingerSnapz said:

I've had my R2 for about 3 days now and first off the Wifi is horrid. I've used an analyzer and the best channels are still not very good. Was curious if this is just a firmware issue? Also noticed I can't disconnect smart connect anywhere.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. Yes it is resolvable via firmware. Experimenting with the widths can help with the speeds and range as well. Smart Connect is mirror mode, if you disable that then give 2.4/5GHz different names then save and reboot. I would also suggest setting your antennae like this for optimum range _ | | _

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:05 AM, Netduma Liam said:

What's the exact model of your modem? Is it a pure modem or is it a modem/router (Wi-Fi capability)? If it's just a modem, what router did you have before the R2?

Bumping this because this router just sucks. 4 times I’ve lost internet this morning. It works for a few weeks then goes to shit again. 

This router is hard wired. Everything runs through it.  My internet is fed directly from Verizon to the router.  Before this router I used the Verizon modem that came from Verizon. Never had a single issue with connectivity. 

• 1 year later...

I am literally having this same exact problem, except I don't lose connectivity, I just drop 400-700Mbps.... I'll have 700-900 at times and it drop to 200-500 ever so often. I am looking into replacement if this can not be resolved. I work from home and do not have the luxury of continuous issues and 'we are working on its'. Love the concept. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Pumpkin_DG said:

I am literally having this same exact problem, except I don't lose connectivity, I just drop 400-700Mbps.... I'll have 700-900 at times and it drop to 200-500 ever so often. I am looking into replacement if this can not be resolved. I work from home and do not have the luxury of continuous issues and 'we are working on its'. Love the concept. 

I will respond to your topic