Geo-filter worked and now doesn't?

Pharaoh

So I got my R2 finally, set it up. Ironed out some kinks. Here's the issue, and here's how I have it set up.

Yesterday the Geo-filter was working great. I'm only playing Warzone right now, and it definitely connected me to Japan servers, which was fun. The Geo-filter page would show what server I was on while the game was going, everything was good. The next day (today), I have my friends join me for some Trios, I haven't changed the settings on DumaOS at all, and it's connecting us to local servers (as in, within North America), which is obvious given the 30-60ms ping I had during the game. I was the host of the match (they joined me) so I assume the server we connect to should be filtered through the Geo-filter settings. What gives? And now, on the Geo-filter page, it no longer shows what server I'm on, at all, and simply shows what appears to be an "allowed server" as per the legend, in NA completely outside of my settings. Also, if I check the pingmap for Warzone, where this symbol appears in NA, isn't even a location of a server! It's confusing.

Also of note, I am on PC, my friends are on Xbox.

My DumaOS setup:

Only PC on router.

QoS congestion control set to 70%/70%.

Bandwidth allocation balanced between gaming and livestreaming, with a bit more given to gaming. 

Ping heatmap, two servers in Japan added to a custom list. None others.

Geo-Filter, no Ping Assist, Filtering Mode on for Call of Duty, I had it set to polygon mode with confirmed servers circled in South Africa, Saudi Arabia, India and Japan. This worked yesterday. In trying to resolve my issue I turned off polygon mode and just put my "home" scan to just Japan, where there are confirmed servers via the pingmap. Still got servers with 30-60ms ping when it should be 120ms+ and it should show my location as Japan in the Geo-Filter page, but it doesn't show anything whatsoever.  No location given at all. See the below picture for the only "server" information I get while entering the match. I'm aware that what is visible in the USA is likely an authentication server, but why am I getting no other server indicators at all? It doesn't make sense.

netduma.thumb.png.6c1c97690b719a87363c0f10aa0c5e5c.png

So as you can imagine, this is frustrating. Not sure what the issue is, no idea where to even begin troubleshooting. I figure I have everything set appropriately, with no other servers saved somewhere on an "allowed" list. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly I'd suggest removing your profile from Geo-filter, then go to device manager and change your PCs device type to 'Playstation'. Then re-add to Geo-filter and select 'Choose manually'.

You may also have more luck using polygon mode instead of a radius if you have specific servers you want to connect to. That being said, Geo-filter is designed to ensure you're consistently connecting to a low-latency, local server. So asking it to force a distant, high latency server is against what it wants to do and may not work very well.

Are you only seeing this issue when you play with friends? Or does this now not work when playing solo either?

Hey Liam,

Thanks for the reply. I will change my profile for Geo-filter later tonight. I was initially using polygon mode with the same result, which is why I tried to just reduce down to "one zone", being Japan. I understand the OS is focused on finding the best ping, but I get confused when it finds it completely outside of the zones I've specified are the only ones allowed. I saw this issue when playing with friends and then also by myself afterwards. I will report back with my changes later.

47 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep us posted! The server in the screenshot is actually an authentication server required for online play, it will not affect your game experience/ping.

Will do! Any idea why my actual server location wasn't being displayed while I was actively on a server? It had been the night before. I don't even think the servers popped up when they were pinged as the game loaded.

• Administrators

Sometimes that can happen, if it happens again try this:

1. Quit the game/client completely - including from the System Tray
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. In Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type
  4. Flush cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  6. Setup the Geo-Filter how you would like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the client/game