Connection keeps dropping out

Higgas

Hey there, so I have netduma r1 after reading the other forum posts I have made sure it's uo to date and did a factory reset however when I plug into my desktop the connection keeps dropping off, I thought it might be my card but the internet straight into the desktop works fine and when I run the duma through a laptop I have no issues. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated 

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, is it dropping across all devices, both wired and wireless? 

How often are the drops occurring approximately?

Do you have to reboot the router to get the connection back or does it restore itself? 

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't tell you if it drops with wifi as the connection doesn't stay stable long enough. The connection drops and reconnects intermittently rebooting the router didn't help, I understand the device is quite old and the first gen so could be something internally but I just want to cover all bases before investing in a new one. It's just odd that I have the issue on the desktop but the router works fine on a laptop

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Which firmware version are you on specifically .29? If so we can give you access to the 3.0 beta which may help to resolve the issue.

Hey there,

So despite the update and factory reset the problem still persists which so very odd because I used a laptop to install the update with no dramas at all. I'm going to try a couple of other things from my end but yeah feeling very deflated 

So a little update, it seems the issue may be with my network card, it either hates the netduma or is broken, I got myself a d-link usb ethernet thing and all seems to be working just dandy so happy days.............for now

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Higgas said:

So a little update, it seems the issue may be with my network card, it either hates the netduma or is broken, I got myself a d-link usb ethernet thing and all seems to be working just dandy so happy days.............for now

Ahh that's great to hear, thanks for the update, do keep us posted!