Fraser, 

what XR1000 firmware is the least netgear integration? 

Like Kirneil was saying, the R2 felt better to play on Bc it was an Open WRt variant and consoles get along with those miles better. I’m trying to recreate the same thing by choosing the firmware that has the least amount of xr1000 firmware.

44_33

44_47

_50

_52

_57

?

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, CRarsenxL said:

But they’ve added stuff along the way no? I’m just asking which firmware was the least touched by them

It is very rare that NG add any features to the router and they haven't added any to the XR1000 - they mostly fix any bugs that are on the settings side as we're the one who focus on features. I suppose the original/first firmware won't have as many fixes included but that will mean security issues won't be fixed on that version.

NG is layered over top your firmware (Duma). 

Xr series feels off on console right now.

I bought a R2 (pre order) and I’m going to have that be the main controller and put the xr1000 in APmode. Kind of sad ab it though

dsl reports is horrible for XR. And I feel it in game. And traffic prio doesn’t work great on xr. 

the thing is, I’m a person who noticed finer details. I know the XR is more powerful but power doesn’t necessarily mean efficient. I can tell you that the xr1000 is not efficient when it comes to QoS options. I’m not saying they don’t work ; I’m saying the R2 does it way better. (open wrt firmware) not layered.

I just hope you guys can figure out a workaround for the 2 firmware on top of one another. Or maybe you guys produce an R3 w WiFi 6, Quad core 😂😂😂 just straight kill the game